277Why Kerri won't be at SNB on Tuesday

  • kskrudland
    Apr 6, 2008
      Benjamin Daniel Gross was born at 1:25 p.m. on Thursday after a
      lightning-fast labor. He had a very low blood sugar level an hour
      after he was born, so he was sent to the special care nursery in the
      NICU, where he remains. He is slowly improving, and has no other
      problems like respiration or maintaining his body temperature,
      although he is borderline for jaundice. Our best case scenario to take
      him home is Thursday, so it's not what we were planning, but since he
      was so early (36 weeks), that's the best we can hope for.

      Oliver's mom has got us all a suite at the Courtyard by Marriott a few
      blocks from the hospital, so after they kicked me out last night (I
      feel great, except for the case that my baby is still in the
      hospital), we moved in there. I have been pumping and breastfeeding
      regularly (how exhausting!), so he'll get the best start I can give him.

      I'll try to post a couple photos in our group's photo area since this
      post has no attach option, but please excuse me if I botch it. I've
      had a cumulative less than 24 hours of sleep since Wednesday.
      Kerri (Mom)
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic