138Re: [snbwickerpark] possible venue change

  • J Henderson
    Mar 10, 2007
      Megan, you know how drinking and knitting don't mix, neither do drinking and
      e-mailing, but that was cute. Hey all, I'm actually at Blend right now and
      it is very cute, but also very new. According the family (yea for family run
      businesses!) I talked to they are thinking about hiring a chef who is
      interested in baking everything from scratch and I recommended biscotti,
      because it goes with coffee right? This place is huge and I haven't looked
      at the second floor, this will be agreat venue change. While the menu is
      very limited right now it definately looks like they will be expanding it.
      Yea for Anne and her suggestion.
      Jamie

      >From: "Megan L. Casey" <megreed@...>
      >To: snbwickerpark@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [snbwickerpark] possible venue change
      >Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:33:09 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >I think it's great. I don't like Alliance at all.
      >
      >Megan
      >
      >cabasaan <cabasaan@...> wrote: As
      >per Anne's suggestion, I have just checked out blend, a new cafe
      > that just opened across from Alliance as a new venue. I talked to the
      > manager, and they would be really delighted to host us.
      >
      > Advantages:
      > *they have a huge loft upstairs with tons of seating
      > *the loft is really well lit
      > *full menu with sandwiches and real food
      > *the owner/manager is a male model (hot!!!)
      > *across the street from current venue
      >
      > Disadvantages
      > *Venue change
      >
      > here is the metromix review:
      > http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/118375,0,7443744.venue
      >
      > what do you all think?

      Find what you need at prices you�ll love. Compare products and save at MSN�
      Shopping.
      http://shopping.msn.com/default/shp/?ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24102&tcode=T001MSN20A0701
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic