Fall

  • Heidi Bengtson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hi everyone,
      Just wondering if there is a date when Landlords turn on the heat in
      Illinois? In MN, I think it's October 1.

      Also, is there a good place to go to see the changing leaves?

      Thanks!
      Heidi
    • Amanda Bakken
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
        Heidi,

        Here's a page from the city of evanston page with info about that
        issue: http://www.cityofevanston.org/departments/communitydevelopment/property/rental_heat.shtml

        "Every rental building owner or operator that furnishes heat for
        tenants is required to maintain these room temperatures between
        September 15 to June 1: 65°F (18°C) during the hours from 6 to 8 a.m.;
        68°F (20°C) during the hours from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and 63°F (16°C)
        during the hours from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Temperatures must be taken
        three feet from an exterior wall and three feet above the floor."

        Yeah, when we woke up this morning it was 62 degrees in our living
        room. I guess summer may really be over.....

        A.

        On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:01 AM, Heidi Bengtson <hi.d@...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        > Just wondering if there is a date when Landlords turn on the heat in
        > Illinois? In MN, I think it's October 1.
        >
        > Also, is there a good place to go to see the changing leaves?
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Heidi

      • Heidi Bengtson
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2008