Re: Binding off help...!

  • brandy
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2008
      Oh thank you!! I won't be able to make it this weekend, but I will
      definitely come next weekend. So if you are there next Saturday I'll
      just wait to start undoing it until then. But thank you for the info,
      I'm very glad to know that I can undo it! Brandy

      --- In snbevanston@yahoogroups.com, Susanne Wiesen <swiesen@...> wrote:

      > You can definitely undo a bind-off. The toughest part is getting
      > your knot undone at the end. Once you've done that, then you have to
      > just work backwards and undo each stitch where you pulled the stitch
      > over the other one. It's not that hard, it just takes some
      > patience. I can show you how if you do come tomorrow. Once you get
      > the first few stitches, you'll get the hang of it! Then, you can
      > just keep knitting as usual!
      >
      > Good luck!
      >
      > Susanne
      >
      > On Feb 29, 2008, at 9:09 AM, brandy wrote:
      >
      > > Hey ladies! I need some help trying to figure out how to undo my bind
      > > off... Sarah taught me how to bind off in the first place - Thanks
      > > Sarah!!
      > >
      > > But I was trying to add to the scarf so the knitting shop showed me
      > > how to add on through the bind off part - well this isn't looking all
      > > so great because it leaves you two stitches or so short on the ends -
      > > and it's driving me crazy!
      > >
      > > So what I'm wondering is if there is a way to undo the bind off
      > > section and just add on the yarn like you normally would when you
      > > start a new skein? I'm not sure if I can make it to the group on
      > > Saturday yet - so if anyone knows and doesn't mind emailing me that
      > > would be awesome!
      > >
      > > Thanks ladies! Oh, and Happy Birthday Sarah!!!
      > >
      > > Brandy
      > >

      > Susanne Wiesen
      > swiesen@...

    • Sarah OFarrell
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2008
        I don't know if Susanne will be there next week, but I can help you.

        Sarah

        brandy <brandyjmertes@...> wrote:
        Oh thank you!! I won't be able to make it this weekend, but I will
        definitely come next weekend. So if you are there next Saturday I'll
        just wait to start undoing it until then. But thank you for the info,
        I'm very glad to know that I can undo it! Brandy

        --- In snbevanston@ yahoogroups. com, Susanne Wiesen <swiesen@... > wrote:

        > You can definitely undo a bind-off. The toughest part is getting
        > your knot undone at the end. Once you've done that, then you have to
        > just work backwards and undo each stitch where you pulled the stitch
        > over the other one. It's not that hard, it just takes some
        > patience. I can show you how if you do come tomorrow. Once you get
        > the first few stitches, you'll get the hang of it! Then, you can
        > just keep knitting as usual!
        >
        > Good luck!
        >
        > Susanne
        >
        > On Feb 29, 2008, at 9:09 AM, brandy wrote:
        >
        > > Hey ladies! I need some help trying to figure out how to undo my bind
        > > off... Sarah taught me how to bind off in the first place - Thanks
        > > Sarah!!
        > >
        > > But I was trying to add to the scarf so the knitting shop showed me
        > > how to add on through the bind off part - well this isn't looking all
        > > so great because it leaves you two stitches or so short on the ends -
        > > and it's driving me crazy!
        > >
        > > So what I'm wondering is if there is a way to undo the bind off
        > > section and just add on the yarn like you normally would when you
        > > start a new skein? I'm not sure if I can make it to the group on
        > > Saturday yet - so if anyone knows and doesn't mind emailing me that
        > > would be awesome!
        > >
        > > Thanks ladies! Oh, and Happy Birthday Sarah!!!
        > >
        > > Brandy
        > >

        > Susanne Wiesen
        > swiesen@...

      • brandy
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2008
          Hi Sarah! That would be awesome! I plan on being there this weekend.
          Thanks so much!! Hope you had a good bday! Brandy

          --- In snbevanston@yahoogroups.com, Sarah OFarrell
          <sarah_ofarrell@...> wrote:

          > I don't know if Susanne will be there next week, but I can help you.
          >
          > Sarah
          >
          > brandy <brandyjmertes@...> wrote: Oh
          thank you!! I won't be able to make it this weekend, but I will
          > definitely come next weekend. So if you are there next Saturday I'll
          > just wait to start undoing it until then. But thank you for the info,
          > I'm very glad to know that I can undo it! Brandy
          >
          > --- In snbevanston@yahoogroups.com, Susanne Wiesen <swiesen@> wrote:
          > >
          > > You can definitely undo a bind-off. The toughest part is getting
          > > your knot undone at the end. Once you've done that, then you
          have to
          > > just work backwards and undo each stitch where you pulled the
          stitch
          > > over the other one. It's not that hard, it just takes some
          > > patience. I can show you how if you do come tomorrow. Once you
          get
          > > the first few stitches, you'll get the hang of it! Then, you can
          > > just keep knitting as usual!
          > >
          > > Good luck!
          > >
          > > Susanne
          > >
          > > On Feb 29, 2008, at 9:09 AM, brandy wrote:
          > >
          > > > Hey ladies! I need some help trying to figure out how to undo
          my bind
          > > > off... Sarah taught me how to bind off in the first place - Thanks
          > > > Sarah!!
          > > >
          > > > But I was trying to add to the scarf so the knitting shop showed me
          > > > how to add on through the bind off part - well this isn't
          looking all
          > > > so great because it leaves you two stitches or so short on the
          ends -
          > > > and it's driving me crazy!
          > > >
          > > > So what I'm wondering is if there is a way to undo the bind off
          > > > section and just add on the yarn like you normally would when you
          > > > start a new skein? I'm not sure if I can make it to the group on
          > > > Saturday yet - so if anyone knows and doesn't mind emailing me that
          > > > would be awesome!
          > > >
          > > > Thanks ladies! Oh, and Happy Birthday Sarah!!!
          > > >
          > > > Brandy
          > > >

          > > Susanne Wiesen
          > > swiesen@

        • Sarah OFarrell
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 4, 2008
            I'll see you there! Thanks for the birthday wishes.