Re: [snbevanston] SNB Evanston-Borders, 2/2/2008, 3:00 pm

  • Sarah OFarrell
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 1, 2008
      I may take it over to Knittiter's Niche and see if they have any other suggestions.  I actually took their advice and ripped back past the ribbing and amped up the decreases.  The neckline is a lot better and the sweater is still proportioned well-- alas it's still too big for my sister.

      Susanne Wiesen <swiesen@...> wrote:
      That's so sad!  It was so beautiful and you worked so hard on it!  At least if somebody else can wear it that would be much better than frogging it.  Maybe you can make something else for your sister!

      Susanne

      On Jan 31, 2008, at 4:25 PM, Sarah OFarrell wrote:

      Well, I may send it to a friend of mine in Boston.  She's bustier and has broad shoulders.

      Heidi <hi.d@...> wrote:
      Oh no. That sucks. So sorry. You did so much work. What are you going to do with it?

      On Thursday, January 31, 2008, at 03:38PM, "Sarah OFarrell" <sarah_ofarrell@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      >I should be there. I'm a little bummed because while my sweater turned out beautifully, it is way too big for my sister :( I don't really have it in me to rip it out and start over. The ladies at Arcadia said that the silk/cotton yarn was the enemy.
      >
      > Sarah
      >
      >Heidi <hi.d@...> wrote:
      > I'm bummed that I can't make it. I will be driving back from Minneapolis. See you in a couple of weeks, though!
      >
      >On Thursday, January 31, 2008, at 02:59PM, "Susanne Wiesen" <swiesen@mac. com> wrote:
      >>I might be a little late but I hope to be there!
      >>
      >>Susanne
      >>
      >>On Jan 31, 2008, at 2:56 PM, snbevanston@ yahoogroups. com wrote:
      >>

      >>> Reminder from: snbevanston Yahoo! Group
      >>>
      >>> Title: SNB Evanston-Borders
      >>>
      >>> Date: Saturday February 2, 2008
      >>> Time: 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
      >>> Repeats: This event repeats every week.
      >>> Location: Borders on Maple and Church (2nd floor cafe)
      >>> Notes: Come join us for some knitting fun!
      >>>
      >>> Get reminders on your mobile, Yahoo! Messenger, and email.
      >>> Edit reminder options
      >>> Copyright © 2008 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of
      >>> Service | Privacy Policy
      >>>

      >>Susanne Wiesen
      >>swiesen@mac. com
      >>

      >----------- --------- --------- ----
      >Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

      Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

      Susanne Wiesen

    • Heidi
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 1, 2008
        So is issue that the cotton/silk blend isn't as stretchy as the wool the pattern used?

        Heidi

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 1, 2008
          It's actually heavier and more stretchy.  Wool has better memory.

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 1, 2008
            So, my sister is trying to convince me to audition for the latest incarnation of _The Mole_ tomorrow afternoon, since she was a rabid fan and can't do so herself (she's in New York for the weekend).  What does one wear to a reality show "audition?"  I am sure that there will be plenty of done-up actress types-- should I show up weilding a set of circular needles and drum up a t-shirt for an obscure lady punk band?  Every reality show needs a crafty, unemployed, lesbian teacher...right?

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 1, 2008
              Sounds fabulous!  I say go for it!  (but then you'll miss snb!).  Hah!

              Susanne

              Heidi <hi.d@...> wrote:

              So is issue that the cotton/silk blend isn't as stretchy as the wool the pattern used?

              Heidi

              On Friday, February 01, 2008, at 10:02AM, "Sarah OFarrell" <sarah_ofarrell@ yahoo.com> wrote:
              >I may take it over to Knittiter's Niche and see if they have any other suggestions. I actually took their advice and ripped back past the ribbing and amped up the decreases. The neckline is a lot better and the sweater is still proportioned well-- alas it's still too big for my sister.
              >
              >Susanne Wiesen <swiesen@mac. com> wrote: That's so sad! It was so beautiful and you worked so hard on it! At least if somebody else can wear it that would be much better than frogging it. Maybe you can make something else for your sister!
              >
              > Susanne
              >
              > On Jan 31, 2008, at 4:25 PM, Sarah OFarrell wrote:
              >
              > Well, I may send it to a friend of mine in Boston. She's bustier and has broad shoulders.
              >
              >Heidi <hi.d@...> wrote:
              > Oh no. That sucks. So sorry. You did so much work. What are you going to do with it?
              >
              >On Thursday, January 31, 2008, at 03:38PM, "Sarah OFarrell" <sarah_ofarrell@ yahoo.com> wrote:
              >>I should be there. I'm a little bummed because while my sweater turned out beautifully, it is way too big for my sister :( I don't really have it in me to rip it out and start over. The ladies at Arcadia said that the silk/cotton yarn was the enemy.
              >>
              >> Sarah
              >>
              >>Heidi <hi.d@...> wrote:
              >> I'm bummed that I can't make it. I will be driving back from Minneapolis. See you in a couple of weeks, though!
              >>
              >>On Thursday, January 31, 2008, at 02:59PM, "Susanne Wiesen" <swiesen@mac. com> wrote:
              >>>I might be a little late but I hope to be there!
              >>>
              >>>Susanne

              >>>Susanne Wiesen
              >>>swiesen@mac. com
              >>>

              >>---------- --------- --------- -----
              >>Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
              >>

              >----------- --------- --------- ----
              > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

              > Susanne Wiesen
              > swiesen@mac. com >
              >

              >----------- --------- --------- ----
              >Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

              Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

              Susanne Wiesen

            • Sarah OFarrell
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 1, 2008
                'tis true... if I go for _the Mole_, I'll have to forgo snb.

                Heidi <hi.d@...> wrote:
                So is issue that the cotton/silk blend isn't as stretchy as the wool the pattern used?

                Heidi

                On Friday, February 01, 2008, at 10:02AM, "Sarah OFarrell" <sarah_ofarrell@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                >I may take it over to Knittiter's Niche and see if they have any other suggestions. I actually took their advice and ripped back past the ribbing and amped up the decreases. The neckline is a lot better and the sweater is still proportioned well-- alas it's still too big for my sister.
                >
                >Susanne Wiesen <swiesen@mac. com> wrote: That's so sad! It was so beautiful and you worked so hard on it! At least if somebody else can wear it that would be much better than frogging it. Maybe you can make something else for your sister!
                >
                > Susanne
                >
                > On Jan 31, 2008, at 4:25 PM, Sarah OFarrell wrote:
                >
                > Well, I may send it to a friend of mine in Boston. She's bustier and has broad shoulders.
                >
                >Heidi <hi.d@...> wrote:
                > Oh no. That sucks. So sorry. You did so much work. What are you going to do with it?
                >
                >On Thursday, January 31, 2008, at 03:38PM, "Sarah OFarrell" <sarah_ofarrell@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                >>I should be there. I'm a little bummed because while my sweater turned out beautifully, it is way too big for my sister :( I don't really have it in me to rip it out and start over. The ladies at Arcadia said that the silk/cotton yarn was the enemy.
                >>
                >> Sarah
                >>
                >>Heidi <hi.d@...> wrote:
                >> I'm bummed that I can't make it. I will be driving back from Minneapolis. See you in a couple of weeks, though!
                >>
                >>On Thursday, January 31, 2008, at 02:59PM, "Susanne Wiesen" <swiesen@mac. com> wrote:
                >>>I might be a little late but I hope to be there!
                >>>
                >>>Susanne

                >>>Susanne Wiesen
                >>>swiesen@mac. com
                >>>

                >>---------- --------- --------- -----
                >>Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
                >>

                >----------- --------- --------- ----
                > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

                > Susanne Wiesen
                > swiesen@mac. com>

                >Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

                Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

                Susanne Wiesen

              • Heidi Bengtson
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 4, 2008
                  Oh, I see.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 4, 2008
                    Did you go to the audition?  How was it?