FW: Free Pattern from S. Charles Collezione

  • Claudia A Perry
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2012
      FItahkiknitflash

      Claudia Perry

      (201) 344-9059 (cell)

      (847) 563-8587 (land)

      (773) 380-8337 (work)

      From: newsletters=tahkistacycharles.com@... [mailto:newsletters=tahkistacycharles.com@...] On Behalf Of Tahki Stacy Charles, Inc.
      Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 8:17 AM
      To: winenegress@...
      Subject: Free Pattern from S. Charles Collezione

      APRIL 1, 2012

      a lightweight blend of rayon and linen that shows off intricate stitch patterns to the max

      Let's admit it, we all make mistakes. We trip, we say things we shouldn't, we drop things and they break. Even the most experienced of us, make mistakes in our knitting. We mis-cross cables, put the wrong color in a fair isle pattern and drop stitches. But how many of us do it on purpose? Irina Poludnenko has transformed the dreaded dropped stitch into brilliant part of her garment design. Her BRANDI Pullover (pictured above) has interior shaping that is completely engineered by cleverly placed columns of dropped stitches. Beautifully smooth SOLARIS, a classic summer yarn from S. Charles Collezione showcases the full-fashioned increases and decreases that shape stockinette stitch panels. A five-stitch twist pattern follows the shaping on either side. After the sweater pieces are knit to full length and bound off, the center stitch is unraveled to create the mesh design. The long bell sleeves and A-line shape keep BRANDI demure enough to wear to your air-conditioned office with just a camisole to conceal your naughtier bits.  So enjoy dropping your stitches, if only everything we dropped could be construed as intentional.

      DESIGN NOTE: When knitting a garment with so much interior shaping it is important to read the instructions through before you cast on to see how the entire sweater is constructed.

      DESIGNER QUOTE: “When I was creating designs for this Spring, I was playing with a lot of mesh stitches since that is such a big trend for the season. With the Brandi Pullover, my goal was to create a sweater that felt solid and see-through at the same time.” – Irina Poludnenko

      BRANDI is one of 18 designs in POP CULTURE because knitters have their own reality

      BROOKE JACKET

      designed by Rosemary Drysdale

      for an effortless chic

      To forward this email to a friend, please CLICK HERE

      Tahki Stacy Charles, Inc.| 70-30-80th Street | Building 36 | Ridgewood, NY 11385 | US

      Tahki Stacy Charles, Inc. | 70-30-80th Street | Building 36 | Ridgewood, NY 11385 | United States