Skip to search.

SNB Evanston-Globe Cafe, 3/5/2011, 3:00 pm

  • snbevanston@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 3, 2011
      Reminder from: snbevanston Yahoo! Group

      Title: SNB Evanston-Globe Cafe

      Date: Saturday March 5, 2011
      Time: 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every week.
      Location: Globe Cafe, 1710 Orrington Ave.
      Notes: Come join us for some knitting fun!

    • Vanessa Schneider
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 3, 2011
        I'll be there.

        See some of you tomorrow!
        Vanessa

        From: snbevanston@yahoogroups.com
        To: snbevanston@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 20:59:44 +0000
        Subject: [snbevanston] SNB Evanston-Globe Cafe, 3/5/2011, 3:00 pm

        Date: Saturday March 5, 2011
        Time: 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
        Repeats: This event repeats every week.
        Location: Globe Cafe, 1710 Orrington Ave.
        Notes: Come join us for some knitting fun!

      • Beth Liebman
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 3, 2011
          I plan to be there too, working on the Dr. Who socks.  I look forward to seeing you all.
          Beth

          Location: Globe Cafe, 1710 Orrington Ave.
          Notes: Come join us for some knitting fun!

        • Michelle
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 3, 2011

            I plan to be there, too.

            Michelle O

            From: snbevanston@yahoogroups.com
            To: snbevanston@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 20:59:44 +0000

            Error! Filename not specified.

            Error! Filename not specified.

            Reminder from:

            snbevanston Yahoo! Group

            Title:

            SNB Evanston-Globe Cafe

            Saturday March 5, 2011

            Time:

            3:00 pm - 4:00 pm

            Repeats:

            This event repeats every week.

            Location:

            Globe Cafe, 1710 Orrington Ave.

            Notes:

            Come join us for some knitting fun!

          • Nora Takagi
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 4, 2011
              I'll be there too!  The coffee was fantastic there so I'll be getting one.
              See you!

              Nora T.

              Location: Globe Cafe, 1710 Orrington Ave.
              Notes: Come join us for some knitting fun!

            • melissa slotar
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 4, 2011
                I'm sick and on antibiotics.  I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to make it this week.  I just have to take it day buy day and see how I fell.  So well see if I can be there if I'm not I'll be resting at home becuse I've missed work this week becasue I'm sick and I need to get better for Monday too.  Talk to you girls soon.

                melissa

                To: snbevanston@yahoogroups.com
                From: noratalltree@...
                Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 06:01:46 -0800

                I'll be there too!  The coffee was fantastic there so I'll be getting one.
                See you!

                Nora T.

                Location: Globe Cafe, 1710 Orrington Ave.
                Notes: Come join us for some knitting fun!

              • Heidi Haltson
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 4, 2011
                  Beth,
                  I am a Dr. Who fan so you must tell me about the Dr. Who socks!

                  Heidi in MN

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 4, 2011
                    Melissa,

                    I hope you feel better soon.  You don't want to be sick on your trip, so take it easy.

                    Beth

                    To: snbevanston@yahoogroups.com
                    From: noratalltree@...
                    Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 06:01:46 -0800

                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 4, 2011

                      Heidi,

                      I am knitting these for my son's partner; he's a really big sci-fi fan.

                      Here is the link:

                      Enjoy

                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 4, 2011

                          I went on Ravelry and found out what yarn the originals were knit in; Knit Picks Gloss fingering weight.  I think any sock yarn would work.
                          Here is the Ravelry link:

                          Beth

                        • Storypol@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 5, 2011
                            I'll be there also. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Naomi
                          • Storypol@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 5, 2011
                              Melissa -- I hope you feel better soon. Naomi
                            • melissa slotar
                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 5, 2011
                                thanks Naomi I'm hoping to fell better soon too.  I'm just staying in all weekend to get better.

                                melissa

                                To: snbevanston@yahoogroups.com
                                From: Storypol@...
                                Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 08:39:11 -0500

                                Melissa -- I hope you feel better soon. Naomi
                              • Michele Joseph
                                Message 15 of 20 , Mar 5, 2011
                                  Ugh! I can't make it today-sick kid with the flu! Will try again next weekend! !

                                  Michele

                                  To: snbevanston@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: spchcoach@...
                                  Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 16:49:24 -0800

                                  I'll be there.

                                  See some of you tomorrow!
                                  Vanessa

                                  From: snbevanston@yahoogroups.com
                                  To: snbevanston@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 20:59:44 +0000

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Mar 7, 2011

                                    Dear Group.

                                    I just had a conversation with my husband's cousin who is trying to get into the sweater making business.  She has a cute kid sweater design but needs help making the sweater backs.  She is willing to pay $15 for each knitted back and will provide the yarn.  She is using a yummy cotton/bamboo blend yarn knitted on size 5 needles. If anyone is interested, let me know.  It would be a chance to make a little extra money on the side doing something we would be doing anyway.

                                    See you all on Saturday.

                                    Beth
                                  • noratalltree@yahoo.com
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Mar 8, 2011
                                      This is Nora: I would be willing to do this for your husband's cousin. Let me know the details on Sat or bring me the yarn.
                                      Thanks Beth!

                                      From: "Beth Liebman" <bethliebman@...>
                                      Sender: snbevanston@yahoogroups.com
                                      Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 09:56:49 -0600
                                      To: <snbevanston@yahoogroups.com>
                                      ReplyTo: snbevanston@yahoogroups.com
                                      Subject: [snbevanston] Knitting for $$$$

                                      Dear Group.

                                      I just had a conversation with my husband's cousin who is trying to get into the sweater making business.  She has a cute kid sweater design but needs help making the sweater backs.  She is willing to pay $15 for each knitted back and will provide the yarn.  She is using a yummy cotton/bamboo blend yarn knitted on size 5 needles. If anyone is interested, let me know.  It would be a chance to make a little extra money on the side doing something we would be doing anyway.

                                      See you all on Saturday.

                                      Beth
                                    • Cris Gifford
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Mar 20, 2011
                                        Zac is a big Dr. Who fan so I think a pair of these for Christmas might just be a hit.  Did it take just one skein of each color?

                                        Sorry to be AWOL for so long.  I have picked up respiratory flu twice since Jan 1st.  Otherwise things are fine.  I'll be up for a visit April 9&10. I have two vendor shows in the burbs to attend for work on Monday the 11th.

                                        Hugs,
                                        Cris
                                        On Mar 4, 2011, at 1:08 PM, Beth Liebman wrote:

                                        I went on Ravelry and found out what yarn the originals were knit in; Knit Picks Gloss fingering weight.  I think any sock yarn would work.
                                        Here is the Ravelry link:

                                        Beth

                                        Location: Globe Cafe, 1710 Orrington Ave.
                                        Notes: Come join us for some knitting fun!

                                        Copyright © 2011  Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

                                      • Beth Liebman
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Mar 20, 2011

                                          I'll let you know about the yardage on the Tardis socks when I have finished the first sock.  I am a little worried about the blue lasting, but I figure I can just make the white toes start a little early.  The pattern is written over 76 stitches when I usually knit a sock over 60 stitches.  These are for my son in law who has bigger and wider feet that I do.  Still, they seem really big and I may have to frog and reknit them over fewer stitches.  I am using the Knit Picks Gloss merino silk blend yarn as the designer of the socks did.  I am trying to be faithful to the original.  I have been sidetracked lately by some charity knitting; chemo caps and baby bibs.  I hope I can make the April date when you are visiting.  Come and see our new knitting space at the Globe Café.  It is awesome.

                                          Beth

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Mar 20, 2011
                                            I plan to return in April as well!  I've been sick & now, heading for vacation from March 24-April 4! I look forward to getting more knitting done while I'm kicking back, finally!

                                            Michele

                                            To: snbevanston@yahoogroups.com
                                            From: bethliebman@...
                                            Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 12:51:48 -0500