POLICENAUTS TO BE RELEASED IN JAPAN!!!!

  • gbpacker_985
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2003
      Great news everybody, Policenauts will be rereleased in Japan on
      August 7 for the PSX (PS one). The languague is still in japanese,
      but it is still better than nothing! :) Here is the complete info
      straight from Gamespot:

      Policenauts to be rereleased

      One of Hideo Kojima's earliest projects will be rereleased in Japan
      for the original PlayStation.

      Konami has announced that it will be rereleasing Policenauts, which
      was created by Hideo Kojima, through Konami Style, its online store
      in Japan. Policenauts is an adventure game in which players take on
      the role of a private investigator who also happens to be an
      astronaut placed in charge of protecting one of Earth's first
      colonies in space.

      Policenauts for the PlayStation is scheduled for release in Japan on
      August 7.

      By Giancarlo Varanini, GameSpot [POSTED: 07/02/03 04:07 PM]

      HOpe you enjoy it! :)
    • liquidsnakereflux
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2003
        It's good news, but I was kinda surprised to see Gamespot even care about them re-re-releasing it (yes, taht's right, it's the 3RD release for it on the PSX). Oh well, whatever, I'm still gonna buy it, cause I AM the Policenauts master!!! lol *cough*
      • Charlie M
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2003
          I still have yet to play this game, though of course I hear nothing but good things about it. And being a Snatcher fan I'm sure I'll love it. But why in the world release a game for the third time without even translating it? I'm still dying to try that remade Snatcher for the PSX that they never translated.

        • liquidsnakereflux
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2003
            Any game that was put into this "PSOne Book" series are games that sold very well, were highly sought after and did critically well too. Even the Policenauts "Best of" sold well, but obviously the printing was smaller and was discontinued awhile back. Demand for it was still there, so they released it again, and cheaper.Seems pretty cool. I knew many years ago that we would never get it here anyways, so at least this will help people get it cheaper and be able to enjoy it if they never have. As for Snatcher, the remakes were ok. Many things were re-done, mostly for the worse. Still worth it to check it out, but, by far, the best is the Sega CD version