setting the record straight about my book about snail mail

  • Tamara Stevens
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      Greetings fellow snailers¡K. Well I thought I better set the record
      straight because some people are under the misunderstanding that I
      am promoting my group with this book. I am not. I am trying to get
      the word out about pen pals and what it means to people in the pen
      palling community. I am not promoting my group I am PROMOTING PEN
      PALING (SENDING AND RECEIVING MAIL THROUGH THE POSTAL SYSTEM.
      I love receiving long chatty letters from all over the world. I am
      very passionate about what is becoming the lost art of
      letterwriting. I have been told that I should write a book, well
      first of all I thought that they where nuts. I can¡¦t write a book,
      well I was wrong. What is Snail Mail? It will be published very soon
      they have said it will have it in about 4 weeks. I am so excited ļ
      It is available at NOW in FULL COLOUR http://www.lulu.com/snailmail
      (This one is full colour, the one that will be in bookstores will be
      black and white and will be published by http://www.booksurge.com in
      a few weeks for books stores.)

      Now your probably saying that you would have like to contribute well
      no it is not too late actually the first book is mostly from a
      project I did for university a few years ago it is to get people
      wanting to share their stories. So
      if you are interested in having a chatty pal from Halifax, Nova
      Scotia Canada drop me a line or if you have a contribution to VOLUME
      II ¡V More tales from the inky trail and who knows you might even be
      picked for the VOLUME III ¡V Postage Stamps to Passport Stamps ¡V Pen
      Pals Meeting
      Do you have a story you would like to share? If you have had
      experiences through the post with pen pals, or fan club, story about
      letter writing if you are famous and you would like to share letters
      that you have received from people that have influenced your life.
      It is a note from a teacher or a mentor or have receive a letter
      from someone famous, if you have letters from when your mother or
      grandmother was young, or if this masterpiece has caught your eye
      and you would like to share your feelings about SNAIL MAIL. I would
      love to hear from you and you never know you just might see your
      contribution in volume II of SNAIL MAIL and besides I LOVE to get
      mail ļ. So what are you waiting for pick up a pen, pencil, markers,
      Chalk, paint, computer, typewriter or camera and sent your creations
      to¡Kplease make copies of original items (or scan them) that you have
      received I don¡¦t want to compromise the originals. Hope to hear from
      you all soon.

      Also if you would like a copy of my article that supports the book
      email meļ

      Tamara Stevens
      6 Commodore Ave
      Sackville, NS B4E 3B2 Canada