Prayer from Sandy in Texas

  • texasbornnbred
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2012
      My Lords Prayer
      by Shawn Johnson
      olympic gold medalist

      Now I lay me down to sleep.
      My heart is yours to find, to seek.
      You keep me safe and hold me tight,
      Helping me decide what's right.
      You watch me fall but help me up,
      Never wanting to desrupt
      Lifes set path to which I face.
      Destiny has its own set pace.
      You give me wings and help me fly,
      But always keep your distance, why?
      Why is it you hide in us,
      Causing us to find your trust?
      You surround me in the waves of light,
      But others find it hard to fight
      The passion with reality,
      Never letting their minds just be
      Natural in believing in you,
      Instead of feelling like the countless few.
      We feel your warmth within our hearts,
      Relying on that so we dont fall apart,
      Relying on love to keep us intact
      So we can move on and never look back.
      I love you for who youve grown to be
      Or who it is Ive grown to see.
      I pray to you to watch me close.
      Have faith in me; dont let me boast.
      Watch my family and my friends:
      Guide them in helping their hearts to mend.
      Watch them sleep throughout the nights;
      Stay by their side with all your light.
      I pray you see our hearts true beat.
      I pray the Lord my soul to keep.