recent news

  • sue mccormick
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 23, 2007
      hi all

      My brother Paul came home from the hospital on Friday. He is doing well.

      my sister Mary Ann is still waiting for her MRI results.

      We are going to meet Patrick's teacher Monday evening at open house.

      This year he has decided to take up the instrument the saxaphone.

      take care

      sue

    • sue mccormick
      Message 2 of 6 , May 19, 2008
        hi all,

        sorry for my late response.

        I have been busy getting my garden in order. On Sunday, I planted 7 tomato plants and will be planting squash, cucumbers, green beans and carrots this week.

        I am reading a book called "Twice Kissed" by Lisa Jackson. It is a thriller about twin girls and murder involved. It is very good.'

        We had steak for dinner on Sunday with a tossed salad and we tried the Wishbone Bountiful dressing. It is ok. I like Italian Dressing already but prefer the regular Italian dressing.

        Today, I went back to work after having Friday off from work. On Friday, I went to my son Patrick's school where they celebrated Arbor Day by of course planting a tree! They had a d j and all of us had a good time.

        Patrick's last day of school is on Wednesday June 25, 2008. He has his moving up ceremonies on Monday June 23, 2008. He will enter 6th grade in September 2008.

        I planted fuscha petunas and pink and fuschia impatients.

        I hope everyone else is well.

        Talk to you soon.

        Sue

        var callCount = 0; function rmvScroll( msg ) { if ( ++callCount > 10 ) { msg.style.visibility = "visible"; } if ( callCount msg.clientHeight ) { newHeight = msg.scrollHeight + delta; } delta = msg.offsetWidth - msg.clientWidth; delta = ( isNaN( delta )? 1 : delta + 1 ); if ( msg.scrollWidth > msg.clientWidth ) { newWidth = msg.scrollWidth + delta; } msg.style.overflow = "visible"; msg.style.visibility = "visible"; if ( newWidth > 0 || newHeight > 0 ) { var ssxyzzy = document.getElementById( "ssxyzzy" ); var cssAttribs = ['#' + msg.id + '{']; if ( newWidth > 0 ) cssAttribs.push( 'width:' + newWidth + 'px;' ); if ( newHeight > 0 ) cssAttribs.push( ' height:' + newHeight + 'px;' ); cssAttribs.push( '}' ); try { ssxyzzy.sheet.deleteRule( 0 ); ssxyzzy.sheet.insertRule( cssAttribs.join(""), 0 ); } catch( e ){} } } function imgsDone( msg ) // for Firefox, we need to scan for images that haven't set their width yet { var imgList =
        msg.getElementsByTagName( "IMG" ); var len = ((imgList == null)? 0 : imgList.length); for ( var i = 0; i

      • sue mccormick
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 14, 2008
          Hi all,

          Hope everyone is well.

          Here is my recent information:

          Pat and I are doing well. patrick had his science fair project on thursday and his group of 3 guessed what was in the box.  It was a fireball that was blocked by three small groups.

          There were 5 groups of 4 children and his group was the only one who guessed it correctly.  Boy was a proud!  He also got the opportunity to speak in front of all of the class including the parents.  He did a wonderful job.

          I am reading a  book called the Lake of Dead Languages by Carol Goodman.  It is about a lake in the Adirondack Mountains where several girls were killed by drowing and now 30 years later, the girls are once again drowning.  They are being murdered.

          So far, it is very good.

          My garden is doing well so far.  I have lots of flowers on my tomato plants and several small green tomatoes.  I also have put in squash, cucumbers, peas, corn and green beans.  Everything is coming along good so far.

          We had a bad thunderstorm today with heavy rains but nothing so devastating as the flooding in Iowa and Indiana including other states.  my heart and prayers go out to those involved.

          Patrick will be out of school in several weeks and my husband takes care of him during the summer months.  He is a full time school bus driver and options not to work during the summer so that we don't have to pay for daycare.  It is a good savings for us.

          In a few more years, we won't have to worry about the cost of daycare as Patrick will be 11 years old in July and in several more years, he will be a teenager.  He will still need adult supervision during the summer months but not during the school year as it will be only 1/2 hour in the afternoon before I get home.

          Work is about the same although there are rumors going around that something big is coming down in July!  I just hope that it is not a company downsize as I was involved in one of those about 13 years ago.  You never know with insurance companies when your job will be gone.

          Anyways, hope everyone is well.  Tomorrow is Father's Day and I wanted to wish those dads out there and those moms who have been both mother and father and wish them a very Happy day.  We are going to be taking Pat out for dinner and I bought him a craftsman baseball ht with LED lights on it that light up white and red.

          Take care.

          Sue

          hasEML = false;

        • sue mccormick
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 29, 2008
            Hi all,

            Oh Well, I go back to work tomorrow morning after having last week off.

            Anyways, my vegetable garden is doing well.  My corn (this is the first time I have tried to grow corn in my yard), is about 1 foot high so far.  I have tomatoes all over my plants and my green beans have flowers, my squash have just started their flowers and my cucumber plants are starting to climb the fence.

            I am reading a book called "The Haunted" by Heather Graham.  It is about this mansion that is supposedly haunted and this girl goes to the mansion and she can see and hear the ghosts.

            So far, itis very good.  I have only 75 pages to go.  This is got to be the best gothic I have read since many years ago.  She writes some good books . I also have the Vision, The Presence, Dead on the Dance Floor, Picture Me Dead and the Redroom including another book called "Evil Eyes".

            We went to a double graduation party today and we had sausage and pepper sandwiches, fried dough, potato salad, macaroni salad, tossed salad, ziti and baked beans including chocolate cake as well as vanilla cake.  Everything was good.  My cousin has a cart that he sells sausage and pepper sandwiches, fried dough and he donated it all as it is his niece and nephew who graduated.  His sausage, pepper and onion sandwiches are twice as bad as the ones sold at the fairs and he uses only the red peppers which are sweeter than the green ones!!

            Oh by the way, I put down the powder that I bought and it also states that it keeps away not only the chipmunks, but squirrels, rabbits (we don't have any problems with them but with my garden, you never know), woodchucks and possums.  Today when I was outside shaking the powder around their homes, there was one on the roof watching to see what I was doing and he started chattering at me.  I think that he was angry.  The one who lived beneath our garage was the one that was struck by a car out in the road.  I still shook the powder near the hole in case another chipmunk decided to live there.

            Hope everyone else is well.

            Keep Cool!!

            Take care.

            sue