Recruiters Lie about Iraq

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2006

      [Shocking revelation, isn't it?--DC]

      http://tinyurl.com/tkx4r
      Recruiters dishonest about Iraq
      Chicago Tribune
      November 5, 2006

      An undercover investigation by ABC News revealed some Army
      recruiters told students that if they enlisted, their
      chances of going to Iraq would be small.

      In an exchange videotaped by a hidden camera, a student
      asked a recruiter, "Nobody is going over to Iraq anymore?"
      The reply: "No, we're bringing people back."

      ABC News said Friday that it and New York affiliate WABC
      provided 10 students with hidden cameras and sent them to
      recruiters in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

      One recruiter told a student that just quitting the Army was
      an option if military service didn't suit the new recruit.

      "It's called a 'Failure to Adapt' discharge," the recruiter
      said. "It'll just be like it never happened."

      But Col. Robert Manning, in charge of Army recruiting for
      the Northeast, said it wouldn't be that easy, according to
      ABC. He told the network that new recruits were likely to go
      to Iraq: "We are a nation and Army at war still."

      "It's hard to believe some of the things [recruiters] are
      telling prospective applicants," Manning said after seeing
      the ABC News tapes. "I still believe that this is the
      exception more than the norm."

      http://amazon.com/o/ASIN/1587154838/ref=nosim/thedanclorenecro
      Lord We├┐rdgliffe & Necronomicon Page:
      http://www.geocities.com/clorebeast/