Rambling Thoughts

  • petes farms
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then
      by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
      --Vincent Van Gogh, Dutch Post-Impressionist Painter

      No one has ever succeeded in keeping nations at war except
      by lies.
      --Salvador de Madariaga, Spanish writer, diplomat and historian

      "In the United States Senate, one of the things I observed
      in the early days - and it's still used - and that is that
      you take someone's argument and then you misrepresent it and
      misstate and disagree with it. And it's very effective. I've
      done it myself a number of times. But eventually, eventually
      people catch on."
      -Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, speaking this week at the
      National Press Club in Washington

      When one door closes another door opens; but we so often
      look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that
      we do not see the ones which open for us.
      Author: Alexander Graham Bell

      J.W. Fulbright , "In a democracy, dissent
      is an act of faith. Like medicine, the test of
      its value is not in its taste, but in its effects."

      You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he
      uses to frighten you.

      "May the forces of evil become confused on the way
      to your house George Carlin

      "Read, every day, something no one else is reading.
      Think, every day, something no one else is thinking.
      Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do.
      It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity."
      -- Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
      (1729-1781) German Dramatist

      I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things
      that I haven't.
      Lucille Ball

      The world has witnessed how the United States attacked Iraq for, as it turned out, no reason at all.
      Martin Van Crevald, Israeli professor of History

      petes farms <petesfarms@...> wrote:
      Without the Way there is no going; without the Truth there is no knowing; without the Life there is no living.

      petes farms <petesfarms@...> wrote:
      When life and liberty are being threatened, their SHOULD BE a "mobresponse" to it - an outraged mob response at that.

      Now what we need are people who know the difference between mob
      *response*and mob *rule*
      Confucious say:
      "Wife who put husband in doghouse soon find him in cathouse."

      "I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance."
      Greek philosopher initiated a question-and answer method ofteaching. Socrates