Call to solidarity

  • Rudolf Rocker
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2004
      Calling all libertarians and libertarian organizations

      Dear Comrades:

      The intensification and hardening of the Castro dictatorship against
      dissidence and the reappearance of libertarians and syndicalists ready to
      fight for a syndicalist alternative independent of the Castro regime or its
      successor have moved us to propose, at the beginning of September 2003, the
      creation of a support group for libertarians and independent syndicalists
      in Cuba.

      A month later, and given that the replies to our first letter have been
      numerous and overwhelmingly supportive, we think the time has come to
      invite all libertarians and all libertarian organizations to join this
      initiative in order to make possible the formation, at the international
      level, of a coordinating group to represent all of us and to reinforce our
      solidarity.

      In order to achieve this, and based on what the libertarian movement in
      Cuba and the world really is today, we think that the most efficient way
      (for the moment) is that of an open decentralized network, for the free
      circulation (via Internet or other media) of information and proposals each
      participant might have to contribute. This does not preclude that
      libertarian organizations, and particularly the anarchosyndicalist ones,
      create working groups or an international coordinating body in order to
      make this solidarity more efficient and extensive. Neither does it exclude
      the possibility of building (for reasons of geography etc) autonomous
      support groups, because solidarity must not be necessarily centralized.

      Therefore, from now on, we invite you to become part of our net of
      solidarity with the Cuban libertarians and independent syndicalists and we
      ask of those who are willing whether we can give out your e-mail addresses
      to whoever wants to participate.

      The e-mail address of the Cuban Libertarian Movement is
      movimientolibertariocubano@... and until such a time when the
      group or the international coordinating body is formally constituted the
      address for the support group for the Cuban libertarians and independent
      syndicalists is

      G.A.L.S.I.C. - Tribuna Latinoamericana
      145, rue Amelot - 75011 Paris (France)

      Fraternally,

      The Support Group for Cuban Libertarians and Independent Syndicalists