The Grandson of Che Guevara keeps up the fight

  • nolionnoproblem
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2004
      LETTER OF SUPPORT OF CANEK, GRANDSON OF CHE GUEVARA

      Dear Anti-lion friends...
      Anarchism unites us, it makes us understand what we confront and it
      gives us the freedom necessary to do it... A hug to all anti-
      capitalists (be it state capitalism or market capitalism, which is
      the same), and to all "guaraperos," "areperos," "jalapenos,"
      and "bananeros" [see [url]http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote40
      [/url]]... because I'm one of yours and we are the same thing, the
      same essence and the same humanity, though sometimes denied...

      Regards
      Canek

      Maybe his son is as brave as Che to confront the lion, but having
      learned of what happened to his grandfather, he prefers to fight
      against him as a monkey, not dressed as a lion...

      THE LAW OF THE JUNGLE

      Once upon a time, in the deep jungle, lived a Lion and a Monkey...
      One day the Monkey, tired of the Lion always taking the LION'S
      SHARE, and seeing that such injustice represented a danger to all
      the species of the jungle, demanded JUSTICE... The Lion, yawning and
      stretching, said, "You would have to have paws and sharp teeth..."
      Then the Monkey, who was very clever, devised a plan: He would go to
      the costume store, and look like a lion...

      When the Lion saw him, noticing that the new lion wasn't a match for
      him, and fearing COMPETITION, killed him on the spot --before the
      indifferent look of the little animals of the jungle... And that's
      how the Law of the Jungle was re-established one more time...

      NOTE: Other monkeys survived him...

      (more stories: [url]http://committed.to/justiceforpeace%5b/url])

      ***

      The following dialog involves our representative in Italy, Alberto,
      and talks about a third person in our organization, but it pretty
      much answers our posture to ANARCHISM, the word used by Canek...

      <However he writes (and talks, most likely), as you too write, too
      much about anarchism, 'el Che', ideology. And, above all, about not
      having ANY order, any PRINCIPLE, any RULE, any RESPONSIBLE, PERSON-
      IN CHARGE. Which is exaclty the bloody, ignoble "JUNKLE" we fight
      and want to go beyond.>

      Ciao Alberto
      Anarchism presents very well WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE WORLD (the lion
      and the jungle), but IT'S WEAK IN SOLUTIONS, except for the coop.
      Sure a word without lion would be immensely better, but this is not
      going to be IMPOSED on all. Some will remain in the lion system--and
      it's important that we allow that--and others would have the option
      to escape it. The COOP would be one of such mechanisms of
      escape. "It's the free man in the free group."

      We should set to make the world a "perfect 10 but a passable 7"...
      Maybe we are in a 2 or 3 at the most now. And I don't say a 10,
      because that way we can work toward perfection, certainly through
      education. We should progress slowly, but always evolve...

      But Anarchism is the closest thing we got to real jungle--as someone
      pointed out--not savannah (where the lions rule). In the deep jungle-
      -hey I ain't talking about America--there's a lot of cooperation as
      well as competition, but if you don't have to look over your
      shoulder you should have a much easier life. That's where we aim...

      Law of the Jungle
      by Eric Jackson

      On Christmas morning, which I spent at my sister's house, I woke up,
      pulled on some clothes, and went into the living room. "Stand
      still," my brother said.
      Which I did. He quickly brushed a scorpion off the back side of my
      pants.
      And there you have it, the Law of the Jungle. People who help one
      another have the advantage over tribes of extreme individualists.

      The Social Darwinists' "survival of the fittest" among "rugged
      individuals" was somewhere along the line grafted onto the concept
      of the way that jungles are supposed to work, but it ain't
      necessarily so. ???

      Biologists at Barro Colorado Island and other tropical forest
      research sites have proven and are continuing to demonstrate in new
      ways that the Law of the Jungle is both competition and cooperation,
      a reality that includes symbiosis as well as parasitism, with much
      more social organization than has traditionally been acknowledged in
      popular culture.

      It wouldn't be such a horrible thing to go back to the Law of the
      Jungle, were it the real one and not an ideological parody. Let us
      all brush the scorpions off of one another's pants, and help those
      around us in these difficult economic times. It's the evolutionarily
      advanced thing to do.