Destination Freedom

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2004

      [Who are these people? If this were a free country like they
      want, there would be no "Rochester Common" to rally on, it
      would be private property!!--DC]

      Foster's Daily Democrat
      Friday, October 29, 2004
      'Destination Freedom' rally set in Rochester

      ROCHESTER -- A number of alternative freedom groups will
      occupy the Rochester Common Saturday to bring awareness to
      what they call "the liberties lost" under the political system.

      Members of the Free State Project, the state Libertarian
      party, the Liberty Alliance, and the Gunowners of New
      Hampshire are just some of the groups expected to attend.

      The free, public rally is scheduled to be held from 11 a.m.
      to 3 p.m.

      Christopher Gronski, who hosts a weekly public access show
      on Metrocast Cablevision, organized the "Destination
      Freedom" rally to offer a platform for freedom groups to speak.

      "We wanted to plan the rally so we can speak heading into
      the election so the people can realize they have more
      choices than the two parties," Gronski said.

      Each of the groups will be offered a chance to speak for 15
      to 20 minutes about the liberties being lost under a system
      that only touts two parties.

      "We just want to let people know that there's more at stake
      than just what the two parties are saying," Gronski said.

      Part of the motivation behind the rally is to bring
      solidarity to a movement that is growing but scattered.

      The groups involved are every bit as patriotic as the
      Republicans and Democrats, said Gronski.

      "Patriots are the people who want to do something about it.
      We're calling on people who are tired of government and the
      speed at which its growing," Gronski said.

      "It's a political statement -- or, rather, an
      *anti*-political statement. The symbol for *anarchy*!"
      -- Batman, explaining the circle-A graffiti, in
      _Detective Comics_ #608