Supermarket Cashiers Forced to Wear Diapers

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2003
      News for Anarchists & Activists:

      Cashiers Diapered to Avoid Breaks?
      Fri Aug 1, 8:11 AM ET

      BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (Reuters) - Supermarket cashiers in
      Argentina are being forced to wear diapers to keep them from
      taking toilet breaks at work, a union says.

      Female cashiers in western Mendoza province must wear adult
      diapers in case "cold, nerves, pressure or stress" provoke
      incontinence, union official Jorge Cordova told local news
      agency Diarios y Noticias on Thursday.

      Cordova refused to name the supermarket, but he did say the
      chain is backed by foreign capital, said Sandra Varela,
      Mendoza's labor subsecretary.

      "The truth is, it's difficult to imagine a line of 20 adult
      cashiers wearing diapers for eight hours," said Varela, who
      is investigating the matter.

      "In seventeen years as a labor lawyer, I've never heard
      anything like this before," she added.

      News for Anarchists & Activists:

      "It's a political statement -- or, rather, an
      *anti*-political statement. The symbol for *anarchy*!"
      -- Batman, explaining the circle-A graffiti, in
      _Detective Comics_ #608