Feb 15: New York City Rally and March Permit Status

  • Paul Kneisel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2003
      New York City Rally and March Permit Status

      "We have a permit to rally on First Avenue stretching north from 49th
      Street -- but to our great shock and outrage, Federal Judge Barbara Jones
      has ruled that the NYPD can deny our right to hold a march as well. We will
      not let the NYPD and the Bush Administration silence our cry for peace.

      "Speak Up for Your Right to March! ..."

      Full story at:
      <http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=801>

      I remember similar events from the old anti-war days during the Vietnamese
      War. The authorities played games about permits until the very last minute
      to discourage people from attending.

      A legal rally will be held regardless of the other circumstances; only the
      issue of the march remains unresolved.

      I hope people from all over the East Coast and mid-West plan on attending.

      I will keep people informed of how the Federal appeal turns out.

      -- tallpaul