Book about the 'Queens Park Riot'

  • Mick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2003
      BOOK WRITTEN BY JUNE 15TH DEFENDANTS

      "This book is a recognition and celebration of the battle fought on, and
      since June 15th 2000. It is the culmination of our collective action and
      our rage over the treatment of poor people by the Tory government. Written
      on the eve of a number of high profile trials, it is one tool we are using
      to educate people about the "Queen's Park Riot", garner popular support,
      and raise desperately needed funds. It is a collection of works by the
      June 15th defendants ourselves - our stories, our struggles, and our
      determination."
      -From the introduction of June 13 1/2: 1 judge, 12 jurors and half
      a fuckin chance. A book by the "queen's park riot" defendants.

      June 13 1/2: 1 judge, 12 jurors and half a fuckin chance is a new book
      coming out about the June 15th 2000, OCAP led demonstration in Toronto and
      the experiences of the over 40 people who were charged from that
      demonstration. This book, 76 pages, perfect-bound, full colour front and
      back cover- documents the personal experiences of defendants in and out of
      the court system, the role that June 15th played on a personal and
      province wide basis for furthering struggle. It contains extensive
      documents and images taken from court and police disclosures.

      This book is a awareness and fundraiser for the upcoming jury trial for 3
      OCAP organizors in Jan, 2003. Books are selling for 10$ and all proceeds
      go towards the june 15th defendants. Discounts can be arranged for bulk
      orders, or bookstores and distros.

      For more information contact:
      J15thbook@...
      or