Tree Sit Crackdown:

  • Colleen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2002
      TREE SIT CRACKDOWN: Pacific Lumber Co. has begun "hauling down" tree
      sitters in Northern California's Mattole Forest in order to proceed
      with
      logging old growth trees in the area says the Eureka Times-Standard
      10/30. While the loggers claim the tree sitters are "trespassing,"
      the
      forest activists counter that they are justified since the "company
      is
      itself breaking the law" by violating a court order, "along with
      logging
      centuries-old trees, possibly destroying watersheds, causing erosion
      and killing endangered species."

      "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our hearts,
      and warmth to our souls."

      Colleen Klaum

      "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with
      men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
      Immanuel Kant

      Be the voice for the voiceless, join our group today: