RaiseTheFist.com Raided

  • Clore Daniel C
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2002
      News for Anarchists & Activists:

      [I was not familiar with the website described below and so
      cannot vouch for its contents, but this is an important free
      speech / freedom of the press case regardless of what they
      were. -- DC]

      RaiseTheFist.com Leader Raided

      by 25 Heavily-Armed Agents

      1-27-2

      LOS ANGELES - Heavily armed with high-powered machine guns,
      shot guns, and hand guns, the FBI, Secret Service, and Los
      Angeles Police Department sorounded the founder of
      raisethefist.com in his house. The founder was currently
      asleep, woken up by a relative who said fbi, police and
      undercover's were currently up and down all of the streets,
      with they're eyes focused on the premises. Raisethefist.com
      founder aproached the door were 2 FBI agents demanded that
      he step outside. Within seconds a swarm of FBI raided the
      house with automatic weapons and shot guns. Additional
      police and fbi also stayed on the front lawn, around the
      house with a door baracade and additional weapons. "armed
      and ready".

      FBI and secret service entered the house, seizing all
      servers and political liturature. Raisethefist.com was
      currently being ran within the founders room of the house,
      over a computer network. The room was literarly ransacked,
      and all equipment, disks, cd's .. etc. were boxed up, loaded
      into a truck and seized until further notice.

      Since 1999, raisethefist.com has been under extensive
      government monitering. At times, Raisethefist.com has
      recieved over 100 hits from the U.S Department of Defense in
      a single day. The FBI, police department, NSA (and who else)
      continuesly monitered the site on a daily basis. Even
      government's from the UK, Canada, Lavtia, Belgium, Egypt,
      Finland, and Australia monitered the site continuesly. The
      FBI had also previously intercepted all packets going
      through the DSL line hosting the site, and have seized
      additional accounts being used by the site.

      In yet another successfull attempt to silence our vioces,
      Raisethefist.com, an anarchist/activist independent
      media/collective has been shut down by the secret service.

      "It's not yet known at this point if the site will be back
      up. As of now, we have nothing. No more servers, no more
      network, nothing. My room remains completly ransacked. My
      neighbors remain shaken up by what happend. I most likely
      won't be getting any of the equipment back. They also took
      alot of my political litature.

      Apparently, they're excuse for shutting it down was the
      'militancy' portrayed on the site. This is not true. This
      was an excuse. This same 'militancy' they were concerned
      about is portrayed on at least a thousand other web sites
      across the internet, and they havn't been touched by the
      federal government, with the exception for remote
      monitering. Raisethefist.com was progresive. It was going
      somewhere. Kids started creating clubs in their schools
      called 'RaisetheFist'. People started utilizing the
      collective as a powerful resource for the activist/anarchist
      community.

      The federal government has been investigating me, and the
      site very closely, long before 9-11, and long before such
      militancy was even portrayed on the site. They knew the site
      had potential, that it was turning into something more than
      a site, but a strong collective utilized by activists
      throughout the world committed to social justice. And that's
      become a crime. Justice has become a crime. Freedom has
      become a crime.

      Anyone activly disagreeing with policies of the U.S is now
      automaticly rendered a "terrorist" in the eyes of national
      security.... Where raisethefist.com will go from here, I
      don't know. Based on what i've been told, i'll most likely
      be in jail, so most of my focus will be towards getting an
      attorney."

      mailto:clore@...

      Lord Weÿrdgliffe:
      http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9879/
      Necronomicon Page:
      http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9879/necpage.htm
      News for Anarchists & Activists:

      "It's a political statement -- or, rather, an
      *anti*-political statement. The symbol for *anarchy*!"
      -- Batman, explaining the circle-A graffiti, in
      _Detective Comics_ #608
    • a. men
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2002
        Raisethefist.com was/is very similar to the IMC
        content-wise.

        =====
        "and now
        upside down