Our struggle for justice

  • Janet Phelan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2013
      Greetings,

       I have accomplished the transition to Chiapas and
      have moved into a mountain cabin on the outskirts of San Cristobal de
      las Casas.  My intention is to more or less sequester myself until I can
      finish my book.  I stocked up on food etc and today started the trek
      towards my goal of finishing the first draft within two months.  I did a
      thousand words this morning and am taking a little break before going
      back and hitting it some more.

      I have a couple of cases I will
      continue to follow--the Risse case, for one--while I work at finishing
      the manuscript.  My skype isn't working well at all at this location so I
      am largely confined to my Mexican cell phone, which is brutally
      expensive for calls to the states.

      The cabin is one of four
      habitations on a chunk of land which includes a large organic garden,
      horses and chickens.  It is quite cold here right now and although my
      bedroom has a wood burning fireplace I am finding the nights to be a bit
      chilly.  I am therefore sleeping in my mummy bag. I was able to sneak
      my cats aboard the bus undetected--it was a fifteen hour trip but the
      kitties behaved like real troopers--a couple of meows here and there and
      one stunning meow duet--but other than that they were quiet and -like
      me--apparently slept most of the way.

      Please keep sending me
      your emails and I will be be keeping you all in my thoughts and
      prayers.  I apparently have a tail on me and am a trifle bit worried as I
      am away from my friends and those who know what impelled me to flee the
      states those five years ago.  I know no one here.  I know this book is
      explosive in terms of its content and I am not holding back--names are
      named, going all the way up to the federal level.  It needs to be
      finished and published as quickly as possible without further incident.

      And then--I'm going to Disneyland!!

      Blessings to all in our struggle for justice,

      Janet Phelan