Re: [smygo] Facebook Group

  • from_alamut
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2013
      However, a post posted to a FB group is likely to be seem by at most 15% of group members while at least it goes into everyone mail box if its a listserve post. I ran a few experiments when I was in Occupy and found that FB was not a good medium to get out the word to everyone unless you wanted to pay 7-10 dollars a post.

      peace

      Jim Davis
      Ozark Bioregion, USA, Planet Gaia

      check out my books at:
      http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/from_alamut

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2013
        On 2/26/2013 7:24 AM, from_alamut@... wrote:
        > However, a post posted to a FB group is likely to be seem by at most
        > 15% of group members while at least it goes into everyone mail box if
        > its a listserve post. I ran a few experiments when I was in Occupy
        > and found that FB was not a good medium to get out the word to
        > everyone unless you wanted to pay 7-10 dollars a post.

        Yeah, it's up to people to read the group for themselves, unfortunately,
        but I don't know that many bother to read e-mail, either.

        They need to check in to the group regularly, and preferably put it in
        their favorites to remind them and/or get notifications.

        http://tinyurl.com/8puuzuc

      • from_alamut
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2013
          Another FB issue is that so many folks are only accessing by cell or smart phone which is time consuming so it also cuts down on the number of views. Advertizers are already complaining about this...