New Worldwide Declaration Demanding an End to the Low Intensity War against the Zapatista Communities

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2012

      http://narcosphere.narconews.com/notebook/jessica-davies/2012/10/new-worldwide-declaration-demanding-end-low-intensity-war-against-za
      NEW WORLDWIDE DECLARATION DEMANDING AN END TO THE LOW INTENSITY WAR
      AGAINST THE ZAPATISTA COMMUNITIES. Given the situation of
      Posted by Jessica Davies - October 29, 2012 at 1:45 pm

      NEW WORLDWIDE DECLARATIONDEMANDING AN END TO THE LOW INTENSITY WAR
      AGAINST THE ZAPATISTA COMMUNITIES.

      Given the situation of repression faced by the Zapatista Support Bases
      (BAZ), the Committees of the True Word of Kolkata in India, South-West
      England, and Western Colombia, have asked everyone to show their
      solidarity by signing and delivering this Worldwide Declaration, to
      demand an end to the low intensity war against the Zapatista communities.

      The proposal is that everyone delivers or sends the letter to President
      Felipe Calderon and to the Governor of Chiapas, Juan Sabines Guerrero,
      during the second stage of the International Campaign: "Worldwide Echo
      in Support of the Zapatistas", which runs from 12 October to 17 November.

      There are several ways to deliver the letter – by mail, for example -
      but it is suggested that the best way is to deliver it directly to the
      offices of the Mexican government and leave it there. If this cannot be
      done, it is proposed that it is sent by mail, from any corner of the
      world. Delivering it, or sending it by mail, ensures that a record is
      kept in the archive.

      The addresses can be found below.

      /////////////

      LIC. FELIPE CALDERÓN HINOJOSA, PRESIDENTE DE LA REPÚBLICA
      Residencia Oficial de los Pinos, Casa Miguel Alemán
      Col. San Miguel Chapultepec, C.P. 11850
      México DF

      LIC. JUAN SABINES GUERRERO, GOBERNADOR
      Oficina del Gobernador
      Palacio de Gobierno, 1er. Piso, Centro C.P. 29000
      Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas, México.

      WORLDWIDE DECLARATIONDEMANDING JUSTICE AND FREEDOM FOR THE ZAPATISTA
      COMMUNITIES.

      TO PRESIDENT FELIPE CALDERÓN HINOJOSA:

      TO GOVERNOR JUAN SABINES GUERRERO:

      By way of the following worldwide declaration, we address you, Pres.
      Felipe Calderón Hinojosa and Gov. Juan Sabines Guerrero, with regards to
      the situations of injustice and repression meted out against the
      Zapatista Support Base Communities (BAZ) of Comandante Abel, Unión
      Hidalgo, Guadalupe los Altos, San Marcos Avilés, Moisés Gandhi, Jechvó,
      and the Zapatista political prisoner Francisco Sántiz López, originally
      from Banavil, Municipality of Tenejapa, Chiapas.

      Given that these situations take place with the backing and complicity
      of the government that you, as President of the Republic of the United
      States of Mexico and Governor of the State of Chiapas, respectively,
      represent:

      We, the undersigned, from our respective communities, cities, and
      countries hold you both responsible for any and all past and possible
      acts of violence that have and/or will occur upon the autonomous
      communities in Chiapas.

      It is absolutely clear that the ongoing government repression being
      carried out against the BAZ of Comandante Abel, Unión Hidalgo, Guadalupe
      los Altos, San Marcos Avilés, Moisés Gandhi, and Jechvó, as well as the
      unjust imprisonment of the Zapatista political prisoner, Francisco
      Sántiz López, stem from the same source: the shared ambition and
      strategy of the municipal, state, and federal governments in their war
      of counterinsurgency to annihilate the indigenous Zapatistas.

      Once more, we hereby make public before you, as well as before
      international civil society, the most recent cases of repression and
      provocation, backed by the governments that both of you represent:

      Comandante Abel: Beginning on September 6th and 7th, and until the
      present, the paramilitary group “Peace and Justice” has carried out an
      armed invasion into Zapatista territory in the Comandante Abel ejido
      (BAZ). As a result, the entire community was violently displaced and
      several people were missing for some time while they sought refuge from
      the violence. Many remain severely ill. The Zapatistas’ land remains
      occupied by the aggressors, who are currently constructing their own
      houses as a way to perpetuate the occupation.
      Unión Hidalgo: Similarly, this Zapatista community was displaced by
      the violent aggressions of “Peace and Justice.” With the use of
      firearms, the aggressors have managed to occupy and expand their
      invasion throughout a significant section of the community. The
      situation is made worse because many compas are ill.
      BAZ of the ejido Guadalupe los Altos: Six BAZ compañeros were
      arrested under absurd charges made by the ejidal authorities of
      Guadalupe los Altos together with the local organization CIOAC HISTORIC:
      Five of these Zapatista compañeros were arrested on the 30th September,
      and the last compañero on the 4th October.
      Moisés Gandhi: Throughout the month of August, the Zapatista
      Support Base members of this community have suffered violent attacks and
      threats of forced displacement by the group of “coyotes” called the
      Regional Coffee Growers Organization of Ocosingo (Orcao).
      Jechvó:In October, groups of PRI militants started harassing
      Zapatistas bases of support of Jechvó, Zinacantan, violently denying
      them access to their own water source.
      San Marcos Avilés: This community has endured a never-ending
      nightmare that has garnered international public attention. This
      nightmare comes at the hands of a local attack group, with backing from
      political party members, and is the result of their having opened an
      autonomous school “Emiliano Zapata” in 2010. From forced displacement to
      sexual assault, these compas have suffered multiple forms of violence
      and repression solely for wanting to live with dignity and freedom as
      indigenous peoples.
      Since December 4, 2011, Francisco Sántiz López – a Zapatista
      Support Base Member – has remained unjustly imprisoned on the false
      accusation that he led a confrontation, which took place in the
      community of Banavil, Tenejapa Municipality, Chiapas. Despite the
      numerous witnesses who have attempted to testify on his behalf, the
      authorities responsible for imparting justice have refused to consider
      their crucial testimony. These witnesses unambiguously confirm that the
      accused was not present at the site of the incident. Moreover, both the
      Good Government Council headquartered at Oventic and the Fray Bartolomé
      de Las Casas Human Rights Center have illustrated the impunity enjoyed
      by the real perpetrators of the murder and acts of aggression that took
      place in Banavil, Tenejapa, Chiapas.

      There are many of us. We represent numerous civil, social, and political
      organizations, collectives, and groups. We are from dozens of countries,
      with more joining our cause on a daily basis. Together, we issue the
      following demands:

      An immediate and absolute end to the war against the Zapatistas.An
      end to the attacks against them carried out by the attack groups that
      receive any and all forms of government support, be it active or
      passive, direct or indirect.
      The release of the Zapatista political prisoner Francisco Sántiz
      López and the six support base compañeros from the Guadalupe los Altos
      ejido: Cesar Aguilar Jiménez, Armando Aguilar Santis, Genaro Aguilar
      Santis, Delmar Aguilar Santis, Misael Aguilar Vásquez and Hipólito
      Aguilar Vásquez. May this occur immediately and absolutely unconditionally.

      The short time that remains in both of your terms does not mean that we
      will give up our pursuit of justice. On the contrary, we vow to continue
      building and advancing in our campaigns and actions. At both the local
      and international levels, we will continue to disseminate the truth
      about your political careers, the atrocities that your employees and
      officials commit, and the legal inconsistencies that have transpired
      under your oversight.

      http://tinyurl.com/8puuzuc