Protest in front of SB Court, August 9

  • Janet Phelan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2012
      http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/08/04/protesting-in-front-of-san-bernardino-court-august-9/
      Protesting in Front of San Bernardino Court, August 9

       by Janet Phelan  The petition to determine title in the conservatorship of Lois Risse will be heard at 10:30 am in  Department S16P   (Hangin Judge Welch’s court) this coming
      Thursday, August 9. We will be out again with many more numbers than the last time we protested in front of this court in June.The issue at hand here is that Risse’s conservator, Melodie Scott, is seeking to overturn a deed of sale which was duly notarized nearly thirty years ago, when Risse was a spring chicken in her early seventies. She sold her home in Yucaipa to a friend, Glenn Neff, with the understanding
      she could live in the house for the rest of her
      life. Neff has been maintaining the house and also paying the insurance.Fast forward to 2012 and Risse is now conserved. Conservator Scott  wants that house returned into the conservatorship so that she can bleed the money out of the house in a reverse mortgage, to pay for her services.We all need to pay attention to this case. It is truly precedent setting. If a conservator can nullify a decades- old deed of sale simply because the person who sold the house is now conserved and the conservator wants the income that the house represents, then no property anywhere is safe and no deed of sale can be considered
      final.We plan to gather at the courthouse around 9 am. Kevin will be bringing some picket signs but if you all want to make your own, that would be great.  When the hearing begins, you are all encouraged to file into the courthouse and attend. The vampiric Ms. Scott needs to understand that her infinite greed will not be tolerated by the residents of San Bernardino County. After the demonstration in June, Keith and Kevin presented on more than one occasion in front of the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors concerning the continued violations of law happening in SB County Probate court.  We are making some waves and we  need to keep the pressure on.Tell your friends! This is a peaceful,  family friendly event. The courthouse is located at 351 N. Arrowhead Ave, San Bernardino CA 92415For more on Melodie Scott’s business  practices, please visit these
      links:http://articles.latimes.com/2005/nov/13/local/me-conserve13http://www.salem-news.com/articles/april202011/inheriting-misfortune-jp.phpAny questions, please give me a call.Janet541 708-3534