Fwd: [R-G] Syrian Protesters Apologize to UK Royals

  • Dean Tuckerman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2011
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: [R-G] Syrian Protesters Apologize to UK Royals
      Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 08:24:21 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Romi Elnagar <bluesapphire48@...>
      To: Dean Tuckerman <deanosor@...>

      Syrian Protesters Apologize to UK Royals

      By Fayyad ⋅ April 29, 2011 Leaders
      of the Syrian uprising sent a letter to Buckingham Palace today
      apologizing for distracting world attention from the Wedding of Prince
      William to Kate Middleton.
      Signers of the letter indicate that they were horrified at the news
      coverage when tuning to CNN to watch the royal wedding, instead they
      found news coverage dominated by their plights and shocking images of
      their harrowing ordeal as they were besieged and bombarded in the city
      of Duraa by the Syrian army.
      More than 400 people have lost their lives to sniper fire and army shelling since the uprising started.
      “We offer our deepest apologies to the royal family for distracting
      from this majestic occasion. We never intended on hogging the spotlight,
      nor did we anticipate that our inconsequential rebellion would be
      belligerently used by the mainstream media to distract attention away
      from the nuptials of his Royal Highness Prince William,” said the letter
      addressing Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth III.
      “We were in deep awe this afternoon when we finally were able to
      locate a small electric generator to power a TV set on which we could
      watch the wedding ceremony –our city has been without power since the
      siege started some two weeks ago-, only to find out that CNN completely
      ignored the wedding, providing deep, insightful analysis of our
      predicament instead. Had we known out protests would be exploited in
      this shameless fashion, we would have at least halted our protests and
      asked the army to life the siege for a few days’ the authors elaborated.
      This letter comes only two days after a similar one sent by freedom
      protestors in Bahrain, apologizing for causing their Crown Prince to
      miss the wedding ceremony. “We are deeply sorry for casting a blemish on
      your day of happiness by making inconvenient for our crown prince to
      share this moment with you. It was never our intention, and had we known
      –as you know, we do not have access to media except for state TV-, we
      would have chosen a better timing for our uprising.” Said the letter
      signed by a representative group of protesters at the square where a pearl statue once stood.
      The Buckingham Palace could not be reached for comment as the staff
      were “preoccupied” according to the person who picked up the phone.
      http://www.kabobfest.com/2011/04/syrian-protesters-apologize-to-uk-royals.html