Courthouse Activism For Non Robot Juries

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2011
      Imagine some easy activism like this performed around various nuclei in
      the US and even the world, and spreading!
      FIJA Activism – Tampa Courthouses 1-26-11
      <http://florida.fija.org/fija-activism-tampa-courthouses-1-26-11/> On
      January 27, 2011, in Federal Court House Tampa 801 N. Florida Avenue
      Tampa Florida
      a-avenue-tampa-florida/> , Who Owns Your Body?
      <http://florida.fija.org/category/who-owns-your-body/> , by James Cox

      Tampa Federal Courthouse

      The weather in Tampa, Florida started off damp and windy, but later on
      in the day the sun came out and it was quite pleasant.

      As usual I started off at the Federal courthouse passing out brochures
      to people passing by, and going in and out of the courthouse.

      After an hour I headed up to the county courthouse, where there are a
      lot more people to educate an hand brochures to.

      Today the main brochure that I was passing out was the one entitled,
      `Who Owns Your Body?' brochure
      <http://florida.fija.org/fija-information/> . The FIJA Who Owns Your
      Body? <http://florida.fija.org/fija-information/> brochure is my
      favorite. The content is neutral, and regardless of the peoples'
      beliefs, it explains that our rights have been turned into permissions
      granted or denied by government. The brochure explains that the
      government assumes that it owns our bodies by telling us what we can
      consume, and what we may possess.

      Government has made so many inferior laws, and these laws contradict the
      Constitution and common law. When you serve on a jury, you have a right
      to vote with your conscience, and refuse to convict if you think that
      the defendant is being tried under a bad law. It only takes one person
      to vote not guilty and hang the jury. If enough people start doing
      this, it will send a message to the prosecutors, judges and legislators,
      telling them that that particular law is not supported by the community.

      As always I took an early lunch and then afterwards headed off into
      Lykes Gaslike Park to catch people on their lunch break.

      As soon as the park went quiet, I headed back to the courthouse handing
      out brochures to people on the way.

      When I got near to the courthouse, I saw huge crowds of people outside
      and wondered what was going on. The fire department was there and people
      were saying that the fire alarm must have gone off.

      With all these people outside I took the opportunity to pass out
      brochures to them. Some of the people were frustrated, because they
      had taken time off work to deal with their court business and did not
      know if their case was going to be heard that day.

      I had a great day today, I handed out approximately 600 brochures.

      Tampa Courthouses – FIJA Outreach 1-24-11
      <http://florida.fija.org/tampa-courthouses-fija-outreach-1-24-11/> On
      January 25, 2011, in Hillsborough Courthouse 800 E. Twiggs St
      t/> , Lykes Gaslike Park
      <http://florida.fija.org/category/lykes-gaslike-park/> , Tampa
      <http://florida.fija.org/category/tampa/> , by James Cox

      FIJA Activists at Hillsborough county courthouse - Michelle, Loring,
      Jessica & James

      I returned to Tampa, Florida to do outreach, first at the Federal
      courthouse and then on to the county courthouse.

      The weather was still cold, but the sun did manage to shine through the
      overcast sky.

      I was joined by three new FIJA activists, Jessica, Loring and Michelle
      all from the Tampa bay area.

      The Federal courthouse was dead, so after about forty minutes we left
      and headed up to Hillsborough county courthouse. Here as always there
      are a lot of people.

      We took an early lunch and headed back into town. After lunch we headed
      into the city center to Lykes Gaslike Park, ready for all the people
      getting out of work for their lunch.

      Approximately around one o'clock we headed back to the county
      courthouse to carry on distributing Jury Nullification brochures.

      Today was another good day we distributed approximately 1,050 brochures.