Israeli Anarchists Protest in Solidarity with Gaza Freedom Flotilla

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2010

      http://www.anarkismo.net/article/16755
      The Anarchists Against the Wall and the Israeli radical left
      demonstrated today solidarity to GAZA
      category mashriq / arabia / iraq | miscellaneous | news report author
      Tuesday June 01, 2010 00:10author by Ilan S. - AAtW, ainfos,

      We knew it will not be nice, but we could not guess how brutal and
      mindless it will be. We planed and prepared during the weeks and when
      the time was known - we prepared for a reciprocal actions. The surprise
      and the shock we experienced when got the news on the piracy on the high
      sea of Israel - in international water - about 150 kilometer from the
      shore of Gaza. Israel did its "best" to prevent a day time confrontation
      with the solidarity flotilla at the sea gates of Gaza that will get lot
      of media attention. However, the middle of the night horrendous military
      fiasco was for all to see in both the international and Israeli media.
      During the night, we got the sad news about the murdered and injured
      comrades and the radical left was mobilized according to that.

      About 200 activists - mainly of coalition for solidarity with Gaza - the
      AAtW are part of converged at Ashdod - on the shore near the entrance of
      ships to the harbor.

      The state forces harassed on the roads part of the comrades on the way
      to the demonstration, but all succeeded to arrive.

      We held placards and banners, and chanted for hours... and saw few of
      the kidnapped vessels brought to the port.

      At the evening, there were three mass demonstrations in Jerusalem,
      Haifa, and Tel Aviv.

      In Tel Aviv, a surprisingly big mass demonstration of about two
      thousands participants converged in front of the war ministry compound,
      including some of the Zionist left.

      For about two hours we expressed our indignation and anger towards the
      Israeli state.

      After a while, we converged with our redNblack flags and drums circles
      at the edge of the crowd and chanted our non diluted slogans.

      Related Link:
      http://awalls.org

      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035LTS0O