Please Support Smygo

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2010
      Members:

      In addition to the medical expenses of my chronic illnesses, I currently
      have some major legal expenses. I don't like to make this threat, but if
      I don't get some support from list-members, I really will need to look
      for paying alternatives and won't be able to spend so much time on the
      list. So if you can help out, please do so.

      Dan Clore

      Finally, here's how Bruce Sterling responded to an earlier request for
      support (it tells how you can give support -- also note that my other
      book is also available through Amazon):

      The BEYOND THE BEYOND Favorite Xmas Charity

      * By Bruce Sterling Email Author
      * December 2, 2008 |
      * 7:18 am |
      * Categories: Uncategorized

      (((In this cold, heartless holiday season, where even bankers shiver all
      over and car moguls and TV networks creep to Washington, top-hats in
      hand… you can do your part for radical planetary upheaval by supporting
      Dan Clore, the Tiny Tim of online anarchy, an indefatigable online
      publisher with an inexplicable fondness for the works of Clark Ashton
      Smith.)))

      (((This Clore guy must have the world's least businesslike business
      model. I frankly can't imagine how he survives. Vegetarian microwave
      pizza and instant coffee, that'd be my best guess. Give early, give
      often.)))

      [I only eat pepperoni pizza. Accompanied with lots of fair trade
      coffee.--DC]

      Now that you're all done giving thanks to Gawd by eating yourself into a
      coma, perhaps you could also give thanks to Smygo?

      I'm chronically ill and I've never been able to work a regular job, so
      I'm not exactly rich.

      You can make donations through PayPal to clore@..., or
      e-mail me for my snail-mail address.

      Also, if you shop through Amazon, I'm an associate, so if you click
      through this link to Amazon
      (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect-home/thedanclorenecro ), I
      get a small cut from your purchases at no extra cost to you.

      While you're there, my new book makes a perfect stocking stuffer (for
      those with large feet): http://tinyurl.com/yd3bxkw

      My Nolan Chart column "Essential Science Fiction and Fantasy for
      Libertarians" gives suggestions for reading matter with handy links to
      Amazon:

      http://www.nolanchart.com/article4700.html

      Publishers on the list could donate zines, books, CDs, DVDs, or whatever.

      Members could also consider linking to Smygo.

      Thanks in advance to all of you.

      (Oh, I read somewhere that saying "every penny counts" doubles
      donations, so let me just add one thing: Every Penny Counts!)

      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035LTS0O