Re: [smygo] Rush Limbaugh on G-20 Protests

  • dean tuckerman
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2009
      Is Orange County and San Diego in the Midwest or the Southeast? And
      why does this guy believe New York is a conservative city? (Maybe i
      haven't been to New York recently.)
      On Sep 30, 2009, at 9:42 AM, Kevin Carson wrote:
      > > Although I did have a friend from high school who was getting ready
      > >
      > > for a trip to San Francisco. I told him that I had never been to the
      > >
      > > west coast (I have since many times). he said, "Yeah, I only have
      > >
      > > once when I went to Boston." I could not convince him that Boston
      > was
      > >
      > > on the east coast. His rationale was our liberal cities like Boston
      > >
      > > and SF are on the west coast while conservative cities like
      > >
      > > Washington, Philadelphia, and New York are on the east coast.
      >
      > Well, then, the People's Republic of Austin must also be on the west
      > coast. Q.E.D.
      >
      > --
      > Kevin Carson
      > Center for a Stateless Society http://c4ss.org
      > Mutualist Blog: Free Market Anti-Capitalism
      > http://mutualist.blogspot.com
      > Studies in Mutualist Political Economy
      > http://www.mutualist.org/id47.html
      > Organization Theory: A Libertarian Perspective
      > http://mutualist.blogspot.com/2005/12/studies-in-anarchist-theory-
      > of.html

    • dean tuckerman
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 7, 2009
        Well Knoxville's a strange place anyway. It's because of the presence
        of Fort Knox (gold repository) and Oak Ridge (nuclear laboratory).