Obama and the Cuban 5

  • FreetheCuban5 LibertadparalosCinco
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2009

      The Popular Education Project to Free the Cuban 5
      www.freethecuban5. com
      Free the Cuban 5 hotline: 718-601-4751
      FreeTheCuban5@ gmail.com

      SIGN THIS PETITION AND FORWARD OUT THIS MESSAGE WORLDWIDE!

      The Popular Education Project to Free the Cuban 5 has drafted a petition asking President Obama to grant Visas to the families of the Cuban 5.

      With his recent decision to close Guantanamo Prison and his public statements in support of changing travel restrictions on Cuban Americans, we feel now is a good time to bring up the US government’s continual denial of visas for the Cuban 5 families; which has kept both Rene Gonzalez and Gerardo Hernandez from seeing their wives for the past ten years.

      If President Obama is really pro-family and wants to improve the reputation of the United States, as a "beacon of justice and democracy", then then we need to demand he end this horrible separation of families and this psychological torture.

      Please sign this petition and forward this link to all your friend and families. We will be emailing this petition and mailing it in hard copies to President Obama every time we reach a 100th milestone.

      SIGN IT AND FORWARD IT OUT FOR THE CUBAN 5:
      http://www.petition online.com/ ObamaC5V/ petition. html

      Due to the U.S. government’s denial to approve visas, Gerardo Hernandez Nordelo and Rene Gonzalez Sehwerert have not seen their wives, Adriana Perez and Olga Salanueva, since their incarceration! ! Others in the Cuban 5 have not seen their parents, wives and children with regularity. The U.S. government has taken prolonged periods of time to issue them visas. The U.S. government’s denial of visitation rights is a cruel and horrible form of psychological torture.  Their rationale for denial is ridiculous and baseless; none of these family members are a threat to national security.

      We are asking people to fax or mail out this letter to Ms. Navanetham Pillay, The NEW High Commissioner of Human Rights of the Office for Human Rights-United Nations Office at Geneva.  We are asking her to intercede on behalf of the Cuban 5’s mothers/wives to pressure the U.S. government to grant them VISAs to visit their husbands/sons! !

      Fax or mail out this letter! Forward this email to all of your friends and ask them to do the same.  Our mass letter writing campaigns work! Together our voices have power! Make freedom Happen!

      Download the letter here: http://www.freethec uban5.com/ id3.html

      FREE THE CUBAN 5!
      VISAS NOW!
      The Popular Education Project to Free the Cuban 5 www.freethecuban5. com