Support Smygo

  • clore333
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2009
      This post is a plea for donations, but I think the best way to present it is to copy Bruce Sterling's reaction to an earlier plea:

      The BEYOND THE BEYOND Favorite Xmas Charity

      * By Bruce Sterling Email Author
      * December 2, 2008 |
      * 7:18 am |
      * Categories: Uncategorized

      (((In this cold, heartless holiday season, where even bankers shiver all over and car moguls and TV networks creep to Washington, top-hats in handÂ… you can do your part for radical planetary upheaval by supporting Dan Clore, the Tiny Tim of online anarchy, an indefatigable online publisher with an inexplicable fondness for the works of Clark Ashton Smith.)))

      (((This Clore guy must have the world's least businesslike business model.
      I frankly can't imagine how he survives. Vegetarian microwave pizza and instant coffee, that'd be my best guess. Give early, give often.)))

      [I only eat pepperoni pizza.--DC]

      Now that you're all done giving thanks to Gawd by eating yourself into a coma, perhaps you could also give thanks to Smygo?

      I'm chronically ill and I've never been able to work a regular job, so
      I'm not exactly rich.

      You can make donations through PayPal to clore@..., or e-mail me for my snail-mail address.

      Also, if you shop through Amazon, I'm an associate, so if you go to my personal website (http://tinyurl.com/292yz9 ) first and click through the link to Amazon, I get a small cut from your purchases at no extra cost to you.

      My Nolan Chart column "Essential Science Fiction and Fantasy for
      Libertarians" gives suggestions for reading matter with handy links to
      Amazon:

      http://www.nolanchart.com/article4700.html

      Publishers on the list could donate zines, books, CDs, DVDs, or whatever.

      Members could also consider linking to Smygo.

      Thanks in advance to all of you.

      (Oh, I read somewhere that saying "every penny counts" doubles donations, so let me just add one thing: Every Penny Counts!)