"destination mobile phone number was not accepted" error message

  • kallalily44
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2006
      I am curretnly living in Spain. I have the SMS widget and use it all the time to send messages
      to people in Spain. I had my daughter, who lives in the United States, download it so she can
      send SMSs to my mobile phone here. I gave her the format in which to enter my number
      (+34......) and she keeps getting the error message above. I know that is my mobile number.
      I know it is the right country code. Any suggestions?????
    • Alco Blom
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
        >(+34......) and she keeps getting the error message above.

        It could be she entered it incorrectly. Perhaps a typing error,
        which would make the number too long.

        If you are sure the number has been entered correctly and you
        still get the error message, please try to send yourself
        an SMS. If you get the same error, we'll need to investigate
        your number further.

        If, however, you can send yourself the SMS, the SMS Mac
        backend is functioning correctly and it must be user error.

        In that case, perhaps she can send a screen shot to you.
        --
        Alco Blom - <mailto:alco.blom@...>

        SMS Mac - the easy way to send an SMS
        <http://www.smsmac.com>

        URL Manager Pro for Macintosh - the professional bookmark manager
        <http://www.url-manager.com>

        Web Confidential for Macintosh, Windows and Palm - the professional
        password manager - <http://www.web-confidential.com>
      • Kmarie
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
          I get the same error message. Any other thoughts????
        • philvin23
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 7, 2006
            I have the same problem as the original poster as of this weekend, and i have confirmed
            that in my case it is not a number error as I have sent over 200 SMS over the last 6-7
            months to this number.

            TIA