16946Re: [smf_addin] Channels

  • Randy Harmelink
    Jan 12, 2012
      I think incorrect predictions are something you almost have to live with on something like that. But there are a number of TA functions that check for oscillations and trends. You can check to see if any of them help.

      A free technical analysis add-in is here:

      http://ta-lib.org

      You want this file:

      ta-lib-0.4.0-msvc.zip

      Just look in the ZIP archive for the "ta-lib.xll" (or "ta-lib-reverse.xll") file, extract it, and tell EXCEL to use it as an add-in.

      On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM, ehstats <ericstats@...> wrote:
      I just joined this group for another reason than this question.

      I'm interested in have an excel program identify when we are in a sideways channel for the S&P 500. I have an investment program that invests in the S&P 500.  The program identifies trends, but it gets whipsawed in sideways trading patterns. I want to have it go to cash when the excel program identifies that we are in that sideways channel.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic