13523Re: [smf_addin] GetWebData can't update data timely [1 Attachment]

  • Randy Harmelink
    Feb 17, 2011
      Another possible reason data is not refreshing is that you have your Internet Options set up to cache web pages. Since EXCEL and the add-in use the same Internet access engine as IE, it also utilizes IE's cookies and "Temporary Internet Files" folder.

      To check/change your page caching settings for the "Temporary Internet Files" folder:
      1. Click on your system's "Start" button.
      2. Click on the "Control Panel" option.
      3. Double-click on "Internet Options".
      4. In the "Browser settings" section, click on the "Settings" button.
      5. Under where it says "Check for newer versions of stored pages:", you want to toggle the "Every time I visit the web page" radio button. Without this, the add-in would just retrieve IE's stored copy of the web page instead of the Internet access engine getting a fresh copy of the web page from the Internet.
      6. Click "OK" to save the settings and exit
      7. Click "OK" to exit
      8. Close the "Control Panel" window.
      Did you need to change your setting there?

      On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 3:09 PM, dehua liu <ldhljljq@...> wrote:

      I used the Macro and still can't the data updated. Please see the attached file. For example, I requested to retrieve data for IWM at around 11am, so the data after 11am can't be obtained even after Macro. On the other hand, USO was just requested a moment ago, which returned a full day's data.

      Could you please give it a quick check?

      thanks,

      Dehua