13523Re: [smf_addin] GetWebData can't update data timely [1 Attachment]
- Feb 17, 2011Another possible reason data is not refreshing is that you have your Internet Options set up to cache web pages. Since EXCEL and the add-in use the same Internet access engine as IE, it also utilizes IE's cookies and "Temporary Internet Files" folder.
To check/change your page caching settings for the "Temporary Internet Files" folder:
- Click on your system's "Start" button.
- Click on the "Control Panel" option.
- Double-click on "Internet Options".
- In the "Browser settings" section, click on the "Settings" button.
- Under where it says "Check for newer versions of stored pages:", you want to toggle the "Every time I visit the web page" radio button. Without this, the add-in would just retrieve IE's stored copy of the web page instead of the Internet access engine getting a fresh copy of the web page from the Internet.
- Click "OK" to save the settings and exit
- Click "OK" to exit
- Close the "Control Panel" window.
On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 3:09 PM, dehua liu <ldhljljq@...> wrote:I used the Macro and still can't the data updated. Please see the attached file. For example, I requested to retrieve data for IWM at around 11am, so the data after 11am can't be obtained even after Macro. On the other hand, USO was just requested a moment ago, which returned a full day's data.Could you please give it a quick check?thanks,Dehua
--- On Thu, 2/17/11, Randy Harmelink <rharmelink@...> wrote:
From: Randy Harmelink <rharmelink@...>
Subject: Re: [smf_addin] GetWebData can't update data timely
Date: Thursday, February 17, 2011, 3:48 PMYou need to run the smfForceRecalculation macro. See the "Links" area of the group for more info.On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:18 PM, ldhljljq <ldhljljq@...> wrote:
As you advised, I was able to use GetWebData to retrieve intraday data from barcharts.com. However, it seems it can't get the most recent value and the price simply stays where it was last time requested. It seems GetTableCell has similiar situation. Is there something I could do wrong? Does it have a command like now() as the one used in GetYahooquotes?
Attachment(s) from dehua liu
1 of 1 File(s)
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>