187October SME Tour - EMS Defense and Space Systems
- Oct 8, 2009Hello everyone,
Below, please find a message from John Byron, chair of the SME senior chapter:
This month we have a real treat! Lauren and Stephanie have arranged a tour of EMS Defense & Space Systems in Norcross, GA. This facility provides highly engineered microwave systems for commercial and military communications, surveillance, electronic countermeasures systems and in-flight entertainment.
EMS Defense & Space Systems is a leading supplier of antenna systems and beam management for a broad range of military and commercial applications, including mobile network-centric operations, radar for battlefield visibility and commercial aero connectivity. Defense & Space hardware products and systems enable secure and vital RF links in the air, in space, at sea and on the ground. Customers include the world's best defense, space and aviation companies.
Due to the importance to national defense of the equipment produced at EMS Defense & Space, there are several special requirements and restrictions for this tour. Please make sure to carefully read the Required Items and Registration Info sections below.
We hope that you will register soon (the registration deadline is approaching quickly), and plan to join us on Tuesday, October 20th.
Check out all the details and register below!
EMS Defense and Space Systems
660 Engineering Drive
P.O. Box 7700
Norcross, GA 30092
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
5:15 to 5:30pm: Sign In/Badge
5:30 to 6:00pm: Networking/Finger Foods
6:00-6:15pm: EMS D&S Presentation
6:15 7:00pm: Tour of Labs & Facility
Free for students!
Free for Members!
$10 for non-members
Avoid the line and Register now Online!
1) You will be required to provide some key information when you register for the event. See below for details on how to register.
2) You will be required to bring proof of U.S. Citizenship to the tour. The two acceptable forms of proof of citizenship are: (1) a Valid (current) U.S. Passport, OR (2) an original birth certificate (not a copy).
3) You will be required to bring proof of employment to the tour, including a company ID/security badge and a set of business cards issued by your company.
4) No Cameras, PC's or Cell Phones will be allowed in the building.
Students and Members:
Email RSVP to John Byron at chairman@... or (770) 845-7022 by October 13th at 12:00pm to reserve your spot. Make sure to include the following information in your email:
1.) Your Current Employer
2.) Your work email address
Note that space is limited to 30 people, so make sure to register as soon as possible!
Register now with Paypal online and an email will automatically be sent to John.
You can check on the chapter website http://chapters.sme.org/c061/events.htm for more details and to register for the tour via our Paypal portal.
Hope to see you at EMS Defense and Space Systems!
John G. Byron
Chair SME Atlanta, Chapter 61