186SME Tour - Micron Optics, Tuesday September 22nd, 5:30 -7:30 PM, FREE

  • sim_nas
    Sep 14, 2009
      Dear members,

      The SME senior chapter has organized a tour of Micron Optics. Please check out all the details below:

      Hello Simin,

      Welcome Back!

      During our summer hiatus, the SME - Atlanta Executive Committee and I have been busy planning a great series of programs for this fall and into next year. For our September event, we will have the opportunity to tour the Micron Optics facility in Atlanta, GA.

      Micron Optics, Inc., is an established leader in fiber optic sensing (FOS) instruments and sensors. Thousands of FOS systems are in use today monitoring health of bridges, dams and tunnels. FOS technology is also used for applications from aircraft structures to oil wells to medical devices.

      At our September SME meeting, your host, Tom Graver, VP of Optical Sensing at Micron Optics, will explain the fundamental principles of how FOS works, and will highlight its application for critical measurements in civil structures, transportation, energy, medical and industrial processes.

      If you would like to see more of what Micron Optics does, go to their website at http://www.micronoptics.com/

      So, mark your calendar to come join us on Tuesday, September 22nd.

      Where: Micron Optics Inc., 1852 Century Place NE, Atlanta, GA 30345

      Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2009
      Time:
      5:30 - 6:00pm: Networking/Finger Foods
      6:00 - 7:15pm: Overview of Fiber Optic Sensing, Tour of facility & hands-on demo with a model bridge!
      7:15 - 7:30pm: Q&A/Wrap-up

      Event Cost:
      Free for students!
      Free for Members!
      $10 for non-members

      Registration Info:

      Students and Members:
      Email RSVP to John Byron at chairman@... or (770) 845-7022 by September 18th at 12:00pm to reserve your spot. Note that space is limited, so make sure to register as soon as possible!

      Non-Members:
      Register now with Paypal online and an email will automatically be sent to John.