Any news on LSS 1.7.1 update?

  • sander_nyman <sander@iccas.com>
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 20, 2003
      Just curious if anyone has news on the 1.7.1 update for SS.

      I can't even find the original info posted by Lotus anymore. It
      appears they pulled it from their site.

      Regards,
      Sander
    • Steven Levine
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 20, 2003
        In <b0hcm6+d0j8@...>, on 01/20/03
        at 05:46 PM, "sander_nyman <sander@...>" <sander@...> said:

        >Just curious if anyone has news on the 1.7.1 update for SS.

        You need a support contract to get access to it. A Passport Advantage
        maintenance contract should be sufficient. It should appear eventually
        for eCS UP subscribers.

        Steven

        "Steven Levine" <steve53@...> MR2/ICE 2.35 #10183 Warp4/FP15/14.085_W4
        www.scoug.com irc.webbnet.org #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)
      • os2andreas <ananda@online.de>
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 21, 2003
          --- In smartsuite-os2@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Levine" <steve53@e...>
          wrote:
          > In <b0hcm6+d0j8@e...>, on 01/20/03
          > at 05:46 PM, "sander_nyman <sander@i...>" <sander@i...> said:
          >
          > >Just curious if anyone has news on the 1.7.1 update for SS.
          >
          > You need a support contract to get access to it. A Passport Advantage
          > maintenance contract should be sufficient. It should appear eventually
          > for eCS UP subscribers.
          >
          > Steven
          >

          > --
          > "Steven Levine" <steve53@e...> MR2/ICE 2.35 #10183 Warp4/FP15/14.085_W4
          > www.scoug.com irc.webbnet.org #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

          Hey,

          On ecomstation.com is nothing to read about an update for Lotus
          Smartsuite.

          I am still waiting

          Andreas
        • Steven Levine
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 21, 2003
            In <b0j78c+rtme@...>, on 01/21/03
            at 10:26 AM, "os2andreas <ananda@...>" <ananda@...> said:

            >> maintenance contract should be sufficient. It should appear eventually
            >> for eCS UP subscribers.

            >On ecomstation.com is nothing to read about an update for Lotus
            >Smartsuite.

            Note that I said "eventually." I did not say it was there now.irectly to
            the eCS lists.

            >I am still waiting

            Well, IMO, one of the better ways to get eCS specific information would be
            posting a query directly to one of the eCS support lists.

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 6, 2003
              wrote:
              > In <b0hcm6+d0j8@e...>, on 01/20/03
              > at 05:46 PM, "sander_nyman <sander@i...>" <sander@i...> said:
              >
              > >Just curious if anyone has news on the 1.7.1 update for SS.
              >
              > You need a support contract to get access to it. A Passport Advantage
              > maintenance contract should be sufficient. It should appear eventually
              > for eCS UP subscribers.
              >
              > Steven

              Steven, this is apparently incorrect. Lotus is unable to find ANY
              part number for a 1.7.1 update for SS, with or without a Passport
              Advantage contract.

              Do you have information otherwise?

              Sander
            • Steven Levine
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 6, 2003
                In <b1ufl7+vona@...>, on 02/06/03
                at 08:13 PM, "sander_nyman <sander@...>" <sander@...> said:

                >Steven, this is apparently incorrect. Lotus is unable to find ANY part
                >number for a 1.7.1 update for SS, with or without a Passport Advantage
                >contract.

                All that means is you did not talk to one of the persons at Lotus that
                knows the answer to your question.

                Steven

                "Steven Levine" <steve53@...> MR2/ICE 2.35 #10183 Warp4/FP15/14.085_W4
                www.scoug.com irc.webbnet.org #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)
              • Kris Steenhaut
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 6, 2003
                  Steven Levine schreef:

                  > In <b1ufl7+vona@...>, on 02/06/03
                  > at 08:13 PM, "sander_nyman <sander@...>" <sander@...> said:
                  >
                  > >Steven, this is apparently incorrect. Lotus is unable to find ANY part
                  > >number for a 1.7.1 update for SS, with or without a Passport Advantage
                  > >contract.
                  >
                  > All that means is you did not talk to one of the persons at Lotus that
                  > knows the answer to your question.

                  Rumours are spreading Big Blue is going to dump Lotus anytime soon ... might be the
                  reason why it's so hard to find the "right" person. (-:

                  --
                  Groeten uit Gent,

                  Kris
                • John Bijnens
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 7, 2003
                    On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 23:59:40 +0100, Kris Steenhaut wrote:

                    >Steven Levine schreef:
                    >
                    >> In <b1ufl7+vona@...>, on 02/06/03
                    >> at 08:13 PM, "sander_nyman <sander@...>" <sander@...> said:
                    >>
                    >> >Steven, this is apparently incorrect. Lotus is unable to find ANY part
                    >> >number for a 1.7.1 update for SS, with or without a Passport Advantage
                    >> >contract.
                    >>
                    >> All that means is you did not talk to one of the persons at Lotus that
                    >> knows the answer to your question.
                    >>

                    >Rumours are spreading Big Blue is going to dump Lotus anytime soon ... might be
                    the
                    >reason why it's so hard to find the "right" person. (-:

                    As far as I know the 'rumours' were speculating whether IBM would drop the branch
                    name Lotus, it was not about dropping the products. I don't think IBM would like
                    to loose all the multinationals that are using Lotus Notes.

                    Best regards,

                    John Bijnens
                  • Kris Steenhaut
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 7, 2003
                      John Bijnens schreef:

                      > name Lotus, it was not about dropping the products. I don't think IBM would like
                      > to loose all the multinationals that are using Lotus Notes.

                      Lotus Notes, yes indeed. So what do you think the *Lotus Smartsuite* is going to
                      call if there is no "Lotus" anymore? Tralala-suite perhaps?

                      No kidding, referring to the earlier message, if someone looking in the right place
                      for the right person can't find that "right" person, I rather would say there isn't
                      any "right" person anymore. And taken into account the other messages and rumours in
                      this context I would say again now we should know where the bell rings.

                      I sincerely hope I'm absolutely wrong about it, but if not we better face the fact
                      Big Blue will let us down again.

                      --
                      Groeten uit Gent,

                      Kris
                    • atomic_frogii <atomic_frogii@yahoo.ca>
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 7, 2003
                        --- In smartsuite-os2@yahoogroups.com, "sander_nyman <sander@i...>"
                        <sander@i...> wrote:
                        > --- In smartsuite-os2@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Levine" <steve53@e...>
                        > wrote:
                        > > In <b0hcm6+d0j8@e...>, on 01/20/03
                        > > at 05:46 PM, "sander_nyman <sander@i...>" <sander@i...> said:
                        > >
                        > > >Just curious if anyone has news on the 1.7.1 update for SS.
                        [snip]
                        > Steven, this is apparently incorrect. Lotus is unable to find ANY
                        > part number for a 1.7.1 update for SS, with or without a Passport
                        > Advantage contract.
                        >
                        > Do you have information otherwise?

                        Well, if you go to IBM's FTP site:
                        <ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/lotus/fixes/SmartSuite/>

                        You'll actually find a couple of fixes for OS/2 Smartsuite. One of
                        them (if you believe the README) is for Smartsuite 1.7.1

                        One would assume that if a fix is available for 1.71, then somewhere
                        in IBM, 1.7.1 exists. Maybe it's a private build? Who knows...

                        Isaac
                      • Sander Nyman <sander@iccas.com>
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 8, 2003
                          wrote:
                          > In <b1ufl7+vona@e...>, on 02/06/03
                          > at 08:13 PM, "sander_nyman <sander@i...>" <sander@i...> said:
                          >
                          > >Steven, this is apparently incorrect. Lotus is unable to find ANY part
                          > >number for a 1.7.1 update for SS, with or without a Passport Advantage
                          > >contract.
                          > >
                          > >Do you have information otherwise?
                          >
                          > All that means is you did not talk to one of the persons at Lotus that
                          > knows the answer to your question.

                          Steven, the question was "Do you have information otherwise?". I
                          spoke with a rep, and having recieved a negative response, asked for a
                          supervisor, who spent no less then 15 minutes trying to locate the
                          update without success. His conclusion was that if the update exists,
                          it is available to IBM internally only.

                          If you have other information to support your earlier claim (like a
                          part number) that would be useful, please share it with the group.

                          Regards,
                          Sander
                        • Steven Levine
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 8, 2003
                            In <b23qpc+ju8p@...>, on 02/08/03
                            at 08:54 PM, "Sander Nyman <sander@...>" <sander@...> said:

                            >Steven, the question was "Do you have information otherwise?". I spoke
                            >with a rep, and having recieved a negative response, asked for a
                            >supervisor, who spent no less then 15 minutes trying to locate the update
                            >without success. His conclusion was that if the update exists, it is
                            >available to IBM internally only.

                            I'll repeat what I have said before and what has been said by others on
                            this list and elsewhere. Yes, it is available internally. It is also
                            available to those with a support/maintenance contract. I never claimed
                            it could be ordered as a separate SKU. So it that's where you and the rep
                            were looking it does not surprise me that it was not found. v1.7.1 should
                            also be available, eventually, to eCS UP subscribers, but I have no firm
                            dates on this, although I do ask Bob St. John for status every couple of
                            weeks or so, just so it's not forgotten.

                            Steven

                            "Steven Levine" <steve53@...> MR2/ICE 2.35 #10183 Warp4/FP15/14.085_W4
                            www.scoug.com irc.webbnet.org #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)
                          • Alan Beagley
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 8, 2003
                              I have no idea how to order it from Lotus/IBM. but I know that it's on
                              an ftp server in Russia. No, don't ask where: do your own homework.

                              -=-
                              Alan

                              Sander Nyman wrote:

                              > Steven, the question was "Do you have information otherwise?". I
                              > spoke with a rep, and having recieved a negative response, asked for a
                              > supervisor, who spent no less then 15 minutes trying to locate the
                              > update without success. His conclusion was that if the update exists,
                              > it is available to IBM internally only.
                              >
                              > If you have other information to support your earlier claim (like a
                              > part number) that would be useful, please share it with the group.
                            • driven zen
                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 8, 2003
                                John Bijnens wrote:

                                <snip>

                                > As far as I know the 'rumours' were speculating
                                > whether IBM would drop the branch name Lotus, it was
                                > not about dropping the products. I don't think IBM
                                > would like to lose all the multinationals that are
                                > using Lotus Notes.

                                Not to mention large domestic corporations such as
                                Kaiser-Permanente that probably owns a number of Lotus
                                Notes licenses equal to about 75% of its employees!

                                Mark Henigan
                                Modesto CA USA
                                The "Far" East Bay