Re: Using IV-17 smartsocket with usb>ttl adapter

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 7, 2013
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, "julietmikebravo" wrote:

      > Compiled it, but no reaction of the Smartsocket, even when sending the V, CSTxxxxxx or CDT1 command.

      Strange that it won't send even a single 'V'. I was going to suggest there was a timing issue. Is the port looking for some handshaking ? RTC/CTS etc ? Set handshaking to 'none' maybe ?
    • julietmikebravo
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 28, 2013

        Recently I hooked up the smartsocket to my Raspberry Pi, first via a USB->TTL adapter, later using the on board GPIO UART. Suddenly no problem sending commands to the board:

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XWjajBTCXA

        Seems like using Linux with cheap USB->TTL adapters is problematic, everything works fine just echo'ing stuff from bash like this:

        sudo echo -ne "MS\70\4\1 text text text"

        Works like a charm now :)

      • Kelly P Couch