IV-17 Smartsocket, V233

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2012
      I've just posted the code (and accompanying config file settings) required to update to the latest V233 software

      This latest version includes the following

      4Play mode
      The 4Play instructions have been changed from 4Play*On (for example), to 4Play1On. The '*' is replaced by the number of the Smartsocket which you would like to address, from 1 to 9. I thought this would be useful in large arrays and you wanted a middle socket to run 4Play routines.

      Transmission of '$S'
      $S was previously transmitted at the end of every scroll pattern. It is also now transmitted at the end of digit transitions, when all tubes are showing the new digit. This allows the user to avoid having to calculate how long to wait for transitions to complete before sending more data, just wait for the $S to tell you that the display is stable and waiting for more data.

      RTC clock output
      sending CtxT or CtxD asks the socket to transmit the time or the date respectively. Sending CtxC asks the socket to transmit the time once per second. CtxO cancels continuous sending.

      Display stability
      I have done more work on stabilising the display to further reduce any flicker when the unit is selecting the next word from the word database. Previously the mux timing could be upset a little if a word match wasn't found quickly.

      Clock time and date completed.
      Previous versions only have clock time and date display 'mode 2' functions in beta versions. I have fixed the code completely now, so that sending a mode 2 time or date request (CDT2 or CDD2) scrolls the time or date across the 4 tubes (only on the first 4 tubes)

      I am currently working on some new code which will make a basic clock/4Play device, possibly also with 'approximate clock' functions added in.

      If you have received a kit from me in the past week or so yoiu may benefit from upgrading to the latest code (posted in the files section), but only if yoiu need these new functions ?

      If you ordered a kit in the last 5 days then you will receive this latest code. It has been a holiday here this weekend so I was not able to post today, instead I used the time to finish adding these functions.

      The operator manual needs a couple of updates, but if you have a working kit with the latest software and need to know anything before I have updated the manual then please feel free to post a question here in the group

      Best Regards