IV-17 Smartsocket, new command CTtx?

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2012
      A new clock related command is just undergoing testing for the IV-17 Smartsocket.

      Clock - Time- tx? > This command asks the first Smartsocket in a chain of IV-17 Smartsockets to rtansmit the contents of it's RTC back to the host controller.

      I thought this might be useful because the existing clock commands only show the time correctly on a 4 tube display. The new command will allow the time to be requested and then turned into something more interesting like an approximate clock text output string for display on the tubes...scrolling however you like !

      This new feature has not been included in the most recent kits sent out this week because I wanted to test it thoroughly.

      This means that a large array can now be made and the only additional component required is aduplex capable host, basically any other microcontroller, PDA or PC