New version software

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2007
      There has been a small update today for both versions of the
      Smartsocket software.

      The letter 'R' is now identical to the Burroughs classic font and no
      longer has a missing left-centre segment.

      Also a new transition effect has been created, and now resides in
      effect location 5, replacing the previous 'swell-jump' effect which
      occupied that location. The effect has been called 'zipper' and it is
      a bilateral downwards wipe, followed by a bilateral upwards refresh.

      No new fonts have been written as yet.

      If you compile your hex from the PBP source code you may need to
      disable the case sensitivity option....bad programming on my part
      which I promise I'll sort out (HI). Otherwise the hex in the files
      section should work for you, but remember to set your configuration
      fuses to powerup timer on, WDT off, MCLRE off, intrc_io (clock
      source).

      Anybody who ordered IC's from me in the past week have had their
      IC's delayed in order that I can load this latest software.
      Outstanding goods will leave here tomorrow, all being well :-o)