IV17 Smartsocket and 4play mode software first release

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2012
      I've just uploaded the .hex file for use with an 18F26k22 to make an IV17 smartsocket with an inbuilt 4 letter word generator, '4play' mode.

      A pic 18F26k22 programmed with this code can be used in any hardware kits which I supplied previously. I have some more hardware kits here which I'll be packing together for anyone interested.

      In the group's files section 'IV17 based project' the manual which covers previous IV-17 Smartsockets can be found, together with instructions, and they mostly also apply in the same way as to version.

      I will update the manual to cover all of the latest features when I can, but here are the latest commands (case sensitive)

      4Play*On - turn on the auto 4 letter word generator
      4Play*Off - turn off the 4 play mode
      4Play*Holdn - 'n' is the number of seconds to display a word for
      4Play*Matchn - 'n' is the word ladder match target

      (all numbers 'n' are ascii)

      The four letter words generated can be random, but I like the effect of a word ladder, where at least one letter from the last word is included in the next word.

      The word ladder can be given a target to match 1,2 or 3 letters from previous word using the '4Play*Match' instruction EG 4Play*Match1, 4Play*Match3 etc

      Sometimes a word with more matching characters than that requested will be selected if a suitable word is not found.

      Filtering is also applied to make sure that the next word to be displayed hasn't been displayed in the last three changes.

      There are over 3500 words which includes 19 profane words, I will add a couple of commands to filter profane words in the next few days.

      Please bear with me as I bring the documentation up to date. I hope to make the source code readable too (commenting is thin on the ground at the moment) and i will post that too in due course.

      I have a version of standalone 4 letter word device but it is a bit buggy. Attempting to make a completely multifunctional device is a bit of a stretch but i think it is still possible. in the meantime I will try to write a driver which can be loaded into a PIC and provide a user interface to allow a standalone 4Play device to be created. (However it is easy for anyone to make one of their own if they can program a micro to send out basic commands which can be found in the manual)

      Chris
    • caliburgers

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 10, 2012
          --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, caliburgers <caliburgers@...> wrote:

          > I would like 1 of those hardware kits, when you have them available.
          >
          > Regards, Don Stramock

          I'll try to sort out what I have to offer before the end of the weekend, if not the start of next week, Don, and I'll post a message here.
          I'm happy to ship them to anywhere, at cost, and it might be beneficial to several members in one country at once, if several orders can be packed together to save costs on excessive shipping.

          I also have a few tubes for sale should anyone need them (saves on shipping if you get the tubes and hardware from the same person)

          Chris
        • jon_daddio
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 11, 2012
            Thanks, Chris. I, too, am interested in one of these kits. I have the tubes already.

            Jon Jackson