Update on IV-17 Smartsocket with Fourplay function

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2012
      It's been a while so i thought i would write with the latest update. A busy time at work has kept me from getting on top of and completing the Fourplay device but i still get time to work on it.

      The good news is that lastnight I sorted out a longstanding issue, perhaps it is another 'undocumented feature' related to a variable which was being shared between picbasic and the native assembler routines in the interrupt handler.

      Previously this problem was restricting how I could use RAM variables so I was only able to make a device which was either a Smartsocket or a Fourplay device.

      For the first time I now have the IV-17 Smartsocket code and the Fourplay code (with 3500 four letter words) working on the same device, a pic18f26k22.

      There's still a bit more to be done to the code, but in principle the device can be a standalone Fourplay device, displaying the time periodically, or a standalone clock, showing words periodically, or a connected IV-17 Smartsocket.

      I haven't had to sacrifice any features, so it still has onboard RTC functions, lower power standby mode when the main power fails and all the effects and fonts of the previous device.

      If I can I want to make the word list used in the Fourplay mode user programmable over the serial port, which would probably entail sending a list of words from a PC text file via Hyperterminal to the pic.

      I'll begin uploading code and documentation, a) when it's done and b) when I know it works !
    • Derryck Croker
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2012
        On 27 Jul 2012, at 14:27, fixitsan2 wrote:

        > It's been a while so i thought i would write with the latest update.

        Looking forward to trying it out!

        --

        Cheers

        Derryck
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2012

          > It's been a while so i thought i would write with the latest update.

          Hi Chris,

          Thanks for the update of the IV-17 smartsockets/fourplay, that's great news. Look forward to seeing it working!

          Unfortunately I have not progressed far in getting the Text to smartsockets program updated for the new commands of IV-17 smartsockets. Will post a message when i have something working.

          Cheers