Re: Nearly working...

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2012
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Derryck Croker <derryck@...> wrote:

      > On 2 Apr 2012, at 17:19, Derryck Croker wrote:
      >
      > > No response to the sending of any commands via an FTDI USB-serial adaptor though. I have pin 3 as data and 5 as ground, which appears to be correct.
      >
      > Serial port loopback also tests AOK, so adaptor and terminal program are talking to each other.
      >
      > Still no response from V sent in raw mode, or CDT sent in line mode.
      >
      > A decently formatted manual would also be appreciated.
      >
      > > <frustrated>
      >
      > Even more so!
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Derryck

      Sorry to hear yoiu have a problem Derryck.

      Did you get my email a whle ago saying that yours might be the last of kits to have been shipped with the missing Microchip interrupt bug missing ?

      If you could try using baudrates of 19200 and 38400, just send a character 'V', it would be a big help.

      Thanks
      Chris
    • Derryck Croker
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6, 2012
        On 2 Apr 2012, at 17:19, Derryck Croker wrote:

        >> Still no response from V sent in raw mode, or CDT sent in line mode.
        >>
        > Did you get my email a whle ago saying that yours might be the last of kits to have been shipped with the missing Microchip interrupt bug missing ?

        Seems not :-)

        > If you could try using baudrates of 19200 and 38400, just send a character 'V', it would be a big help.

        Still no joy I'm afraid :-(

        I dragged my scope from its layer of dust, and there seems to be a healthy output from the USB adaptor, so that seems OK.

        Cheers

        Derryck
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8, 2012
          --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Derryck Croker <derryck@...> wrote:

          > On 2 Apr 2012, at 17:19, Derryck Croker wrote:
          > >>
          > >> Still no response from V sent in raw mode, or CDT sent in line mode.
          > >>
          > > Did you get my email a whle ago saying that yours might be the last of kits to have been shipped with the missing Microchip interrupt bug missing ?
          >
          > Seems not :-)
          >
          > > If you could try using baudrates of 19200 and 38400, just send a character 'V', it would be a big help.
          >
          > Still no joy I'm afraid :-(
          >
          > I dragged my scope from its layer of dust, and there seems to be a healthy output from the USB adaptor, so that seems OK.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Derryck

          Sorry for the delay Derryck, It's a busy time for me at the moment.

          I have just uploaded the V2.32 manual in .DOC format to the files section (the readable version to the badly kemed .pdf)

          I take it that you have pin 2 held high with a pullup resistor ?
          Depending on which version of software yoiu have, pin 14 is set to toggle between the high and low state on each succesfull data packet reception.

          It's also important that the Smartsocket and the data interface board share a common ground.

          Please let me know if yoiu still have no luck. I am happy to send a replacement pic and would be keen to look at the one you have there to figure out what , if anything, has gone wrong.

          If you have had enough already and just want to swap it anyway, please feel free to frop me an email.

          Chris
        • Terry
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 8, 2012
            > I have just uploaded the V2.32 manual in .DOC format to the files section (the readable version to the badly kemed .pdf)

            Chris, if you want it, take a look at my PDF print output from this new .doc version you posted. Aside from a little cleanup of the table widths and fixing the "........" line breaks on the table of contents, it should be exactly as your word .doc file.

            Feel free to move it to the files area here and let me know to delete my copy, if you'd like.

            http://www.tmk.com/transient/IV17%20Smartsocket%20UserManual%20V232.pdf
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 8, 2012
              Thanks so much Terry.

              The file has been copied to the files section now.

              Chris