Re: Any PCBs currently for sale?

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 4, 2012
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Distasio <interzone@...> wrote:

      > Chris-
      >
      > Sounds awesome! Out of curiosity, is your plan to fit it into one
      > smartsocket programmed PIC that would still sit on the main PCB or are you
      > adding some kind of memory or a second IC for the words list to the design?

      Hi Dylan, I'm going for the all in one approach, so it would be a drop in replacement for existing software :)

      I've also just preordered a Raspberry Pi so a four letter word IV-17 driver for the Raspberry Pi might make an appearance at some point too. (if nobody beats me to it ;) )

      Chris
    • Dylan Distasio
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 4, 2012
        Sounds like you're throwing down the gauntlet...I just preordered a Raspberry Pi also ;).

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 4, 2012
          --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Distasio <interzone@...> wrote:

          > Sounds like you're throwing down the gauntlet...I just preordered a
          > Raspberry Pi also ;).

          It couldn't be a better time to get into system level programming in a host of languages.
          Well done the Raspberry Pi foundation !

          As for the 4-play device, after seeing Simon Law's circuit board he prototyped for the IV-17 Smartsockets I realised that I can get the size down quite a lot to make a suitably attractive size.

          For the controls I am toying with a rotary encoder (basically because I'e done a lot with them already), the cheaper option of 3 NO push switches, and the pie in the sky capacitive touch sensing panel (I have never done anything like that before).

          I'm working on it slowly though, so something will appear, hopefully soon :)

          Chris
        • Derryck Croker
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 5, 2012
            Delivery week commencing 30th April - wonder if I'll get the free case?

            --

            Cheers

            Derryck