Re: Tempting fate with another new command

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2012
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Derryck Croker <derryck@...> wrote:

      > On 19 Jan 2012, at 21:31, fixitsan2 wrote:
      >

      > > Hi Derryck,
      > > I got fed up with the post, so posted you a new chip today, 'as first class as it gets' :)
      >
      > Yes - hardly a "Large" envelope;-)
      >

      > Derryck

      Hehe, I live in a small village and I try to use the Post Office here as opposed to the one at local large supermarket. I post the Smarsocket kits in 'postage in proportion', PIP, boxes, which measure 24.7mm thick and so meet the 25mm limit for a large letter.

      The local postmaster and staff always intially charge me for them as the larger 'small packet' item, until I always ask them to try passing it through their 25mm slot gauge.

      One week I took 7 of them to the PO, each time they seemed surprised that the box which was identical to the many others they have dealt with like it, passes through the slot gauge. The same box, the same weight, the same person posting it, and the always look surprised that they have to process it as a large letter instead of a small packet.

      It is alomst as if they will make more money if they send it as a larger item ;)