Re: Difference between 7971 board and 1350 board?

    Message 1 of 6 , May 29 3:30 AM
      That's really bizarre, I can't think what the difference might be to
      change the underscore...perhaps it was the last change I made and I
      didn't set the file section hex and the copy at home to the same
      version. I thought I had learned that lesson by now from the B7971
      version !

      At least we know the version in the files section is working. What I
      might do in the coming weeks is produce another version with a
      second letter font. I don't think there is enough space in internal
      memory but if there is I will combine the them. I could lose one of
      the number fonts like the bargraph and even the nixie display, these
      are not really relevanmt to the segmented displays we're using.

      If anyone has any ideas for another letter font please feel free to
      propose it.

      By the way Rich, if you have no objections, would you be willing to
      share your FLW project code in the files section' _support files and
      projects', It's just a thought, I saw your message on Neonixie
      offering to share it.

      Chris

      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Rich Gopstein <rich@...> wrote:

      > The retro-R looks cool, but I think full-R goes better with the
      other
      > letters. Personal preference :)
      > I was able to change it in the hex code (and I learned how lookup
      tables
      > are implemented in PICs in the process).
      >
      > These PICs were the last four you sent a couple of weeks ago - but
      you
      > said that those 7971 boards were prototypes or something. The PICs
      must
      > have had old code in them. Updating the code to the posted version
      fixed
      > the problem, so I'm happy. It was definitely a code problem - all
      four
      > 7971 boards had it, none of the 1350's did. Also - the chips
      failed to
      > verify against the posted hex files, so they definitely had some
      other
      > version of code in them.
      >
      > Rich
      >
      > Chris wrote:
      >
      > > Is it missing, really ? I like the retro look and made it that
      way
      > > deliberately
      > >
      > > Are you able to sort out the new font yourself ?
      > >
      > > If not I'll see what i can do this week, else you could redefine
      > > UDC in the meantime
      > >
      > > I can't think why you got an underscore problem with the code on
      the
      > > IC's, and I can only think it could have been a dirty contact in
      the
      > > socket because there is only one version of software for the
      ZM1350