IV-17 V2.30 Software and new user guide

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2012
      First off, if you have sent to me your IC's or boards for reprogramming I am sorry that I have not kept you updated so far. The good news is that the wait has been worth it, because I hope this weekend to ship back to all of you your devices with the latest V2.30 software installed

      Version 2.30 has a new command 'Independent' where the parameters for any tube can be programmed directly, avoiding the need to send a long string of commands just to change one tube's parameters. Maybe it's no big deal but every little helps sometimes.

      The new V2.30 manual has just been posted to the files section. It has grown to 28 pages now and includes a few more diagrams, schematics, explanations and an improved layout.

      If you have an earlier version of the code on a DIP IC or an SM IC mounted on a board, I will still honour my previous promise to upgrade any device which may be problematic, up to the latest version, and if postage cost is an issue I will help with that too. Before moving on I want to get all field copies upto this version because future updates will depend on it :)

      Farnell have recovered from their holiday now and have informed me that new PIC's which were on backorder were posted to me today, at long last (nearly 3 weeks late) The wait has been good though, I haven't attempted to sell any more kits without PICs and that has meant I have had to spend my time on writing what I hope is a helpful manual at long last !

      Just an FYI now, Note page 114 of the 18F25k22 datasheet from Microchip has this warning

      Note: Do not use the MOVFF instruction to modify
      any of the interrupt control registers while
      any interrupt is enabled. Doing so may
      cause erratic microcontroller behavior.

      I think this has affected some of my code, especially where data handling is concerned. I don't know when Microchip dropped that into their documentation, but some earlier 18F devices didn't have the problem AFAIK. Either way, it won't be affecting any code from now on :)

      Best Wishes