Re: IV-17 Smartsockets, first pictures

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 4, 2012
      --- In smartsockets@yahoogroups.com, Quixotic Nixotic <nixotic1@...>

      > I am thinking the Raspberry Pi will be an ideal candidate for this,
      > with everything already on board. I know it's not out yet, but
      > hopefully by the end of November it will be.
      > http://www.raspberrypi.org/
      >
      > John S

      Heads up, the first pre-production boards are on eBay

      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raspberry-Pi-Model-B-beta-board-10-limited-series-10-/180786734741?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a17baa695

      A limited batch of ten boards being sold to raise funds. If the project is a success or a failure, these boards will have historic value and maybe some bidders are speculating.
      the cheapest is about £550, the most expensive about £2100 at the time of this message.

      Apparently the production boards are due out next month

      Happy bidding, if you're lucky enough to be able to afford them !